ADVERTISEMENT

2023 Richmond Spiders Football - Opponent's Countdown - Maine

mojo-spider

Team Manager
Gold Member
Dec 31, 2010

the Black Bears have growled loudly at The Brick House several times since 2010...they've won three out of four played on our home turf...

they've clearly got good mojo but you have to believe this game represents the Spiders chance to finish their march through the predicted bottom three squads in the CAA this season with another solid win...I expect 3-0 is where we'll need to be at the end of this stretch to keep pace in the Championship battle...

in contrast to the Spiders schedule Maine opens with these four games before traveling south to Richmond...at FBS Florida International...at FCS powerhouse North Dakota State...Rhode Island...at William and Mary...brutal, murderous, pick your own adjective...

ha! by the time they get to The Brick House they'll be well seasoned and could be anything from searching for their first win, to a proven Championship contender...

the Bears have good mojo at The Brick House...I expect we'll need to be ready either way!

enjoy the Countdown...

Go Spiders!

CPF, or College Football Poll computer ranked by Dave Congrove has Maine an underdog -13.05; if anyone can still believe we're a good football team. there's at least one guy left behind !!

Last edited:
Reactions: CarolinaSpider
The lack of run game has been an issue for years. Even last year we couldn’t run when we needed to. Not sure if personnel or scheme but we need to figure out something different for next year (along with other things). Seems to me to be scheme given how long we e struggled.

Reactions: URTOM68 and urfan1
The lack of run game has been an issue for years. Even last year we couldn’t run when we needed to. Not sure if personnel or scheme but we need to figure out something different for next year (along with other things). Seems to me to be scheme given how long we e struggled.
we haven't run in 7 years, and now we struggle to stop it !! please recruit the 225 pd. back and let the munchkins alone, or convert a tight end. how about brooks heagarty in the backfield on on short yardage

On the radio it says the Spiders are chasing a playoff spot in the CAA. That ship has sailed Richmond ESPN radio…

Reactions: URTOM68
Look the key is the OL and if they don’t start opening running lanes, it don’t matter
who we have at QB. Both lines were suppose to be deep and our strengths. Frankly
we are in trouble and I have no faith in the team making a run.

Line play not what was anticipated for sure. Believe "quick release" Udinski with high accuracy opened up the run thereby making O line look stronger than they have proven this season.
there is a lot of truth here. I'm beginning to wonder if the O line was ever that talented. the receiving core has indeed dropped off.

Reactions: Dr. Spidey
Line play not what was anticipated for sure. Believe "quick release" Udinski with high accuracy opened up the run thereby making O line look stronger than they have proven this season.

Udinski’s quick release and his versatile targets,all mature college players, combined with Billy Cosh’s play calling and offensive strategy,were a perfect storm for UR.All of which will be difficult to duplicate in the future even with a continued weak schedule.Today we have a completely opposite type of perfect storm.

Reactions: whampas and URTOM68
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT