ADVERTISEMENT

2022–23 Schedule Updates

Neutral. eye roll. Greenville is 30 miles from Clemson. At least NC State was in Charlotte. I swear some of these schools do this so they don't get dinged as much for NET and/or as way to not return a game as part of H&H..."see this is a 1 off neutral game we aren't asking u to come to our place". And honestly Clemson is type of P6 game we legitimately could get a H&H. Their students will be gone we might as well play at Clemson it would be the same difficulty but we get the better NET slot. Playing in Greenville gets them out of comfort zone a bit but I would say negligible. Now if students were not gone it's different. Whatever...we have to play this game sometimes it's just too bad not a H&H like it should be imo.
There was no other way to play them. And, I would rather play them in Greenville than Clemson. You say we could get a home and home with Clemson, but that is just not true. Clemson does not play true away games against non power teams. To me, there is no negative at all with this type of game. Last year, Clemson went 8-12 in the ACC and still had an 81 NET, so we are looking at a very winnable Q2 game, and another top 100 OOC opponent which will help with our overall OOC SOS number.

Reactions: spiderman
There was no other way to play them. And, I would rather play them in Greenville than Clemson. You say we could get a home and home with Clemson, but that is just not true. Clemson does not play true away games against non power teams. To me, there is no negative at all with this type of game. Last year, Clemson went 8-12 in the ACC and still had an 81 NET, so we are looking at a very winnable Q2 game, and another top 100 OOC opponent which will help with our overall OOC SOS number.

u still take it, I said as much. & i definitely realize it's hard to get H&H, the inequity w scheduling is 1 of things I hate and have long thought NCAA should limit qty of home games allowed just like there is max amount of total games.

I'm confident Clemson doesn't have a policy that says they will never ever schedule a true away vs. non p6. & u may have to go back a long time to find one, but that's on our staff to convince clemson & secure H&H arrangements. We've gotten home games in recent past vs. Wake, Vandy, TTech (obv TTech has taken a big leap recently), Minnesota. I'd put Clemson hoops roughly in that bucket. it's hard but just saying u can still get some of them. can't give up. VCU got Memphis who has more cache than bottom tier power league teams.

Reactions: 8legs1dream
u still take it, I said as much. & i definitely realize it's hard to get H&H, the inequity w scheduling is 1 of things I hate and have long thought NCAA should limit qty of home games allowed just like there is max amount of total games.

I'm confident Clemson doesn't have a policy that says they will never ever schedule a true away vs. non p6. & u may have to go back a long time to find one, but that's on our staff to convince clemson & secure H&H arrangements. We've gotten home games in recent past vs. Wake, Vandy, TTech (obv TTech has taken a big leap recently), Minnesota. I'd put Clemson hoops roughly in that bucket. it's hard but just saying u can still get some of them. can't give up. VCU got Memphis who has more cache than bottom tier power league teams.

You have to go back to 2012 when Clemson actually played two such road games, one at Furman and the other at Coastal Carolina.

Hall is very solid…someone mentioned a home and home. I do know Clemson went to UNC Wilmington about 4 yrs ago when UNCW was recruiting Dji bc we went to game, so I it’s doable, would love to get that established but prob won’t.

Hall is very solid…someone mentioned a home and home. I do know Clemson went to UNC Wilmington about 4 yrs ago when UNCW was recruiting Dji bc we went to game, so I it’s doable, would love to get that established but prob won’t.
No, a home and home with Clemson is not doable right now. They have not played a true road game at a non power team since 2012, and those games were with schools in the state of South Carolina. If you are talking 2018, that was an exhibition game to benefit hurricane Florence victims. The only regular season game the teams played was at Clemson in 2016.

Reactions: SpiderDad75
No, a home and home with Clemson is not doable right now. They have not played a true road game at a non power team since 2012, and those games were with schools in the state of South Carolina. If you are talking 2018, that was an exhibition game to benefit hurricane Florence victims. The only regular season game the teams played was at Clemson in 2016.
Before that Liberty & ECU in same year, 2010.

But both 2010 & 2012 were 16 ACC games.

Before that Liberty & ECU in same year, 2010.

But both 2010 & 2012 were 16 ACC games.
Yep. Good point with 16 games. ACC plays 20 IC now. I think we can forget about an ACC team coming here in the near future.

Reactions: urfan1
Solid pick-up for the schedule. No idea what Clemson is projected to be like, but it is an ACC game at a "neutral" site. We need one more of these, preferrably another P-6 school that is not absolute garbage.
Clemson was definitely trending up at the end of the season last year and narrowly lost to eventual champion VT in the ACC tournament. This is definitely the type of game you want to see on the schedule, but with Hall missing 3-4 months this game won’t help as much as it could have.

Clemson was definitely trending up at the end of the season last year and narrowly lost to eventual champion VT in the ACC tournament. This is definitely the type of game you want to see on the schedule, but with Hall missing 3-4 months this game won’t help as much as it could have.
It might work out perfectly for us. We get the win before Hall comes back, and then he comes back, plays well, and helps them have a good year in the ACC.

So I wouldn't have any issue with this game if it wasn't for all the anchors on the other end of the Spiders schedule or if there were a couple true marquee games currently on the schedule. Clemson neutral is not the highlight game we need to make this schedule remotely passable to even an eye test. One game left to add something good. Syracuse (huge NYC alumni base) and St. John's (NYC school) would also effectively be road games at Barclays but only neutral site credit.

No clue...haven't seen anything more about it. But I imagine Rothstein and other scheduling guys will find out soon enough if it's real.

Yep, JOC would probably get it too. It was a very random tweet but seemed quite believable, & also possible they are still dotting the i's so to speak on the contract. occasionally games just show up on schedule without prior public verification. College bball schedules will continue to be released daily through mid-Sept roughly, ours have come out in Aug & Sept traditionally, idk about Clemson, but we'll know the schedule soon enough. Just a matter if SF etc. has the complete schedule laid out before we even officially release.

Yep, JOC would probably get it too. It was a very random tweet but seemed quite believable, & also possible they are still dotting the i's so to speak on the contract. occasionally games just show up on schedule without prior public verification. College bball schedules will continue to be released daily through mid-Sept roughly, ours have come out in Aug & Sept traditionally, idk about Clemson, but we'll know the schedule soon enough. Just a matter if SF etc. has the complete schedule laid out before we even officially release.
Yeah it was the first we heard of it too. I showed it to Dji and he didn’t know but he doesn’t keep up with it like me 🤦🏼‍♂️😂😂

Reactions: Section9.RowD
Yeah it was the first we heard of it too. I showed it to Dji and he didn’t know but he doesn’t keep up with it like me 🤦🏼‍♂️😂😂

Do the coaches talk to them about what is the works with the schedule?

UNI game is official.

So, UNI can get a game at UVA, but we can't. Interesting. I've maintained for a long time that Bennett would eat Mooney's lunch so my preference is that we never play UVA, but why can't we get a game at UVA or Tech scheduled, it just makes sense for both schools. UVA is going to have a much better ticket draw for us than they are for UNI.

We get Syracuse in the first game of the Empire Classic. Not clear to me whether the second game will be scheduled or just winner vs. winner and loser vs. loser.

Well, there's the official word...second-round matchups will indeed be determined by first-round results. First game is on ESPNU, second game will be on ESPN2.

kIef56.gif

Hopefully we beat Cuse like a drum. Can't stand Boheim. He went all in giving both his sons the rock as much as they could shoot it last year - granted Buddy can score it pretty well, but probably gave as much back on the other end of the floor. I am feeling a decline in that program, hopefully they can have a decent season after we beat them. Apparently a ton of roster turnover with a big freshman class.

Sounds like they could end up being a bottom third ACC team.

Here is one analysis: https://insidetheloudhouse.com/2022... Web site predicts,11 mark in ACC competition.

I’m hoping we get the Temple match up too…Damian Dunn one of their main guards is tough. Him and Dji were my guards when they played AAU together 4th grade and won a National title up in Boston. Great kid and really good guard. Would def see them go at it.

Reactions: spider23
Give me St. John’s…they’re the much better team and I want our guys to have the opportunity to test themselves as much as possible considering the rest of the schedule.

Give me St. John’s…they’re the much better team and I want our guys to have the opportunity to test themselves as much as possible considering the rest of the schedule.
not sure that SJU is better than Temple. either would be a solid win.

Reactions: SpiderDad75
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT