ADVERTISEMENT

2021 Commits List

6-3,200 WR from ECU
1 year eligibility remaining
quickness and speed and tougHynes

Johnson amassed 283 yds v #17 Cincinnati (#5)

v USF(#5)

v Temple(#5)

v Tulsa(#5)

v UCF(#5)

• Johnson, who has already amassed 1,313 career receiving yards in just two seasons, stood 6th nationally (FBS) in yards per reception (21.3) during the the '20 campaign ...
  • in '19 - Johnson (54-908)
  • Johnson earned FWAA Freshman All-America honors following a campaign that included a school-record single-season rookie reception yard total of 908 and a program and AAC standard in single-game reception yards (283 vs. Cincinnati), the latter also serving as a FBS single-game high in 2019 ...

In 2020,3rd highest scorer with 6TDs

GM. ATT. YDS. AVG. TD. LONG. YPGM

JOHNSON, C.J.​
9​
19​
405​
21.3​
6​
75​
45.0​

April 20th,2021 interview after Spring practice #9:

C.J. JOHNSON
Q: Despite being somewhat limited this spring, what have you worked on the most and how would assess your development and growth this offseason?

A: Overall, I really worked on being a better teammate. Being injured really stopped me from doing the physical stuff, so I tried to do it mentally.

Q: Individually, you've already surpassed 1,300 career receiving yards in just two years, but what are some of your team-oriented goals for 2021?
A: We are trying to go to the championship game and go to a bowl game. Having 1,300 yards or whatever does not mean anything if you do not go to a bowl game.

Q: Since your All-America season as a freshman, you don't sneak up on anyone - how do you handle double-coverage and all the "extra" attention you get from opponent corners?
A: I try to not pay too much attention to it because I know that if I am doubled then someone else is open. So, I just try and work and get my teammates open. Once they cannot double anymore, it is over.

Q: You had many options after playing at nearby D.H. Conley, so what attracted you to ECU and why did you decide to stay home?
A: Like you said, it is home. I would not want to be anywhere else honestly. I made a really good relationships with the coaching staff.

Q: On a related note, you've mentioned that former Pirates Dwayne Harris and Justin Hardy were your favorite players growing up - what were some of the things about their craft you liked?
A: I mean, it was their work ethic. I came to multiple practices with Justin Hardy and Dwayne Harris and watched their practices and habits. They are just a different breed and they have pushed me.

Q: What are your plans after football as a communication major?
A: If football does not work out, I want to be a sports commentator or something in that field.

Last edited:
Looks like Jack Bowler grad transfer lineman from Holy Cross has added University of Richmond '22 to his twitter page @jackbowler70. As a high school senior Jack was chosen to play in the North Carolina Shrine Bowl, I think was 3 star rated, committed to UR then switched late to Holy Cross. He has had a very nice career there, 3 year starter, all league as a junior but not last year I don't think. Has played both center and guard. Was a beast in high school. Outstanding young man, obviously talented player. Holy Cross listed him as 6'3 295.

Looks like Jack Bowler grad transfer lineman from Holy Cross has added University of Richmond '22 to his twitter page @jackbowler70. As a high school senior Jack was chosen to play in the North Carolina Shrine Bowl, I think was 3 star rated, committed to UR then switched late to Holy Cross. He has had a very nice career there, 3 year starter, all league as a junior but not last year I don't think. Has played both center and guard. Was a beast in high school. Outstanding young man, obviously talented player. Holy Cross listed him as 6'3 295.
Jack originally verballed to Holy Cross and then surprisingly signed an NLI with UR.Upon signing a UR NLI we soon learned that the NLI became undone and subsequently signed an NLI with Holy Cross.

Signees(2017)
1. Jack Bowler OL 6-3 275 lbs. Raleigh, NC, Cardinal Gibbons HS
2. Samari Springs DB 6-1 170 lbs. Ashburn, VA, Briar Woods HS
3. Ben Maffe WR 6-3 230 lbs. Ashburn, VA, Briar Woods HS
4. Jordan Payne DB 6-0 190 lbs. Atlanta, GA, Pace Academy
5. Markus Vinson DB 5-10 175 lbs. Damascus, MD, Damascus HS
6. Tyler Dressler LB 602 225 lbs. Covington, VA, Covington HS
7. Jack Doherty OL 6-5 280 lbs. Nashville, TN, Franklin Road Academy
8. Devon Perry DB/KR 6-1 190 lbs. Raleigh, NC Ravenscroft HS
9. Caleb Brooks DE 6-3 210 lbs. Clifton, VA, Centreville HS
10. Clayton McConnell OL 6-3 265 lbs. Foley, AL, Foley HS
11. Noah Nicholson CB 5-11 175 lbs Olney, MD, Good Counsel
12. Anthonie Powell WR 6-3 210 lbs. Fayetteville, GA, Fayette County HS
13. Tre Story QB 6-2 190 lbs. Lanett, AL, Lanett HS

twitter.com/jackbowler70?s=11

Last edited:
Funny how things work out. Kobie Turner also part of that class. Also think Colby Ritten as well.

Reactions: 32counter

Bowler is #68 OL for College of Holy Cross(3-0 in PL) this Spring 2021.

Jack Bowler(#68 OL) Junior Year Highlights. College of the Holy Cross.

Last edited:
Transfers as of 6/4/21
===================

PRINCE EKWUGHALU(Colgate) LB/DB

C.J. JOHNSON(ECU) WR/Slot

JACK BOWLER(Holy Cross) OL

Aaron Trusler(Monash University Melbourne, Australia) K/P

Previous Transfers:
================

Dante Black(UConn) RB

Leroy Henley(ECU) WR

Beau English(Air Force) QB

Konrad Ehmke(Gettysburg) DB

Tim Coleman(Furman) OL

John Fitzgerald(Cornell) TE

Last edited:
Reactions: urfan1

Post in thread '2019/2020/2021/2022 Offers'

Last edited:
Reactions: urfan1
Seem like good pick-ups in the transfer portal. Would really be nice if both the punting improved and we could nab a few more kids from De LaSalle

32Counter - I finally got around to updating the List in Post #1 - Please look it over and let me know what changes I should make - I may need to move a couple Commits to PWO - Sorry, I have been on a sabbatical - Thanks!

32Counter - I finally got around to updating the List in Post #1 - Please look it over and let me know what changes I should make - I may need to move a couple Commits to PWO - Sorry, I have been on a sabbatical - Thanks!
Here ya go-

PWOs which
previously listed as Commits:

Rostered:Owen Laughlin - 11/27/20 - ATH - Red Bank Regional - Boys, Little Silver, NJ- 6'2"/200

Not Rostered as of yet:Matthew McCann - 12/8/20 - OL/DL - Riverside, Leesburg, VA - 6’3”/265

—————

Additionally Rostered PWOs-Not listed previously:

Brian Catanzarite-LS-Cedar Grove,NJ -5’11”/210

Jayden Alsheskie-K-Highland Springs,Va-6’1“/180

Edward McDonough-LB-LaSalle Institite,DelMar,NY-5’11” 215

Rest looks spot on.

Last edited:

Jayden Alsheskie​

#35 / Class of 2021 / K
Highland Springs High School
Highland Springs, VA

10655543_2008ca29765c4eb282629d2a1c62c7f8.jpg

And It's Good!​

• JERSEY #:​

• POSITION(S):​

K
  • HEIGHT:​

6'1"
  • WEIGHT:​

175lbs

Year: Senior,
All Metro Offense
Position: Kicker
Height, weight: 6-2, 180 pounds
The skinny: Alsheskie made 32 of 33 PAT attempts this season, was 6 of 8 on field goals and had four touchbacks on kickoffs. For his career, he made 188 PATs and 21 field goals, accounting for 251 points. His extra-point total ranks fourth on the Virginia High School League’s all-time list.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT