ADVERTISEMENT

2019 Opponent Thread

Dayton 82, Davidson 67
St Joe 73, Fordham 69
La Salle 73, SBU 65
VCU 75, GW 51 (good response game)
Dukes 81, GMU 78

Robert Morris 78, StFU 68 - Red Flash had a chance at NEC co-championship
Ole Miss 86, Vanderbilt 60 - Back to Quad 4, Commodores!
CSUN 99, CSF 92 - CSUN improves to 11-17
McNeese 100, Houston Baptist 80 - HBU obviously not getting cheating advice from Astros
Wisconsin - please put Minnesota out of their misery today so we can stop talking about their NET
Kentucky 73, Auburn 66 - Both Locks from the SEC
BC - weird late season bye week (DNP)
USC Upstate 90, Hampton 79 - 8-10 in Big South somehow still good for 5th seed and a bye
USA 78, Troy 63 - USA! USA! - Sun Belt, you sure you wanna play 20 conference games?
Charleston 75, Drexel 66 - Earl, what happened? I had the billboard ready for you.
ODU vs FAU - C-USA, for this "bonus play" schedule to work, you need bubble teams
Gardner-Webb 70, Radford 62 - We'll come back to this one. Woof. Too much for a one-liner.
Alabama 90, South Carolina 86 - I'm so conflicted about the Tide. Thanks for the Quad 1 game!

Reactions: CH_Spider
Dayton 82, Davidson 67
St Joe 73, Fordham 69
La Salle 73, SBU 65
VCU 75, GW 51 (good response game)
Dukes 81, GMU 78

Robert Morris 78, StFU 68 - Red Flash had a chance at NEC co-championship
Ole Miss 86, Vanderbilt 60 - Back to Quad 4, Commodores!
CSUN 99, CSF 92 - CSUN improves to 11-17
McNeese 100, Houston Baptist 80 - HBU obviously not getting cheating advice from Astros
Wisconsin - please put Minnesota out of their misery today so we can stop talking about their NET
Kentucky 73, Auburn 66 - Both Locks from the SEC
BC - weird late season bye week (DNP)
USC Upstate 90, Hampton 79 - 8-10 in Big South somehow still good for 5th seed and a bye
USA 78, Troy 63 - USA! USA! - Sun Belt, you sure you wanna play 20 conference games?
Charleston 75, Drexel 66 - Earl, what happened? I had the billboard ready for you.
ODU vs FAU - C-USA, for this "bonus play" schedule to work, you need bubble teams
Gardner-Webb 70, Radford 62 - We'll come back to this one. Woof. Too much for a one-liner.
Alabama 90, South Carolina 86 - I'm so conflicted about the Tide. Thanks for the Quad 1 game!
I watched the first half of the GW game, while GW looked out matched they were only down 28-32 at the half.

Radford lost to Gardner-Webb. At Home. On Senior Night.
With a chance at the outright Big South title on the line.
On the bright side, they are still the 1 seed in their conference tournament.
23, what happened in HighlanderNation?

Radford is dubious. How are they going to climb with no opportunities for quality wins left on their schedule?

By winning 15 conference games. They don't have to be quality wins for them to move up.
Radford was #125 at the time of that conversation. Hey, they went 15-3! Surely they are in the Top 100 in NET now.....

Radford lost to Gardner-Webb. At Home. On Senior Night.
With a chance at the outright Big South title on the line.
On the bright side, they are still the 1 seed in their conference tournament.
23, what happened in HighlanderNation?

Radford was #125 at the time of that conversation. Hey, they went 15-3! Surely they are in the Top 100 in NET now.....

Chop u were very right on Radford. Based on last few years tho u should realize there r a few on here to ignore re: scheduling. But remarkably they still might have more credibility than the following...

Mooney
Big Hat No Cattle Hardt
Philly Bob Black
Lunardi

Chop u were very right on Radford. Based on last few years tho u should realize there r a few on here to ignore re: scheduling. But remarkably they still might have more credibility than the following...

Mooney
Big Hat No Cattle Hardt
Philly Bob Black
Lunardi
I think I was the main Radford guy, because at the end of December I looked at one of the four better known analytics guys, and he showed a 15-3 BSo Radford at a projected NET 99. I was like Huh? That would be great, and posted it here.

I think I was the main Radford guy, because at the end of December I looked at one of the four better known analytics guys, and he showed a 15-3 BSo Radford at a projected NET 99. I was like Huh? That would be great, and posted it here.
Yes, I realize you posted the link.

Our AD lackeys should know better.

Opponent Tracker: 3/3/2020
Syracuse vs Boston College
Duquesne vs VCU
Texas State vs South Alabama
Vanderbilt vs Alabama

South Alabama battling for 2nd Place in the Sun Belt
Boston College has just had a strange year
Duquesne is fighting for a Double-Bye in Brooklyn
And in the who cares SEC game of the night, 1-15 Vandy vs Bama

And in the who cares SEC game of the night, 1-15 Vandy vs Bama
I care. Although Alabama has likely played their way out of the tournament, I think we should root for Vanderbilt. Just in case.
Plus, that might get Vandy back out of Quad 4. We have too many Quad 4 games - more than almost every other bubble team.

I care. Although Alabama has likely played their way out of the tournament, I think we should root for Vanderbilt. Just in case.
Plus, that might get Vandy back out of Quad 4. We have too many Quad 4 games - more than almost every other bubble team.
Scheduling of the Vandy series is gonna kill us not only this year but next year as well. Vandy looks good on paper to the largely uneducated basketball fan. They are just awful. I mean literally the worst P5 program in the country.

Without trying to start up this year's OOC debate (please!), Dayton seems to have a good blueprint for OOC 3Q1 2Q2 3Q3 5Q4.
We may end up 3Q1 0Q2 4Q3 6Q4.
Of course, you still have to win a good number of them too.

Scheduling of the Vandy series is gonna kill us not only this year but next year as well. Vandy looks good on paper to the largely uneducated basketball fan. They are just awful. I mean literally the worst P5 program in the country.
Not sure about that. Next year they just need to stay above 135. That seems a lot more likely than above 75 that they needed this year, even if they failed to get 135 this year...

Interesting game on Broad tonight I assume we want the Rams to take Duquesne off the bubble and give them less to play for when we see them up in Pittsburgh. Also it would better for us because we've already seen west broad twice.

Interesting game on Broad tonight I assume we want the Rams to take Duquesne off the bubble and give them less to play for when we see them up in Pittsburgh. Also it would better for us because we've already seen west broad twice.
I do think we want VCU to win but is Duquesne on the bubble? I have seen them mentioned anywhere.

Isn't Duquesne on the edge of getting a double bye?
Correct. If Duquesne loses tonight, we're locked into a double bye. (Of course, the same is true if we win tonight, so let's just do that.)

Five teams realistically fighting for the 2-3-4 seeds...us and URI at 12-4 and Bona, Duquense, and SLU at 10-6. Bona and SLU have to play each other, so only one of those two can get to 12 wins. So if Duquense loses tonight, that leaves only three teams able to reach 12 wins for the three double bye spots.

(There are a handful of scenarios where Davidson could sneak in and grab the 4 seed, but it wouldn't be at our expense.)

Reactions: dobbiethespider
(There are a handful of scenarios where Davidson could sneak in and grab the 4 seed, but it wouldn't be at our expense.)
I am assuming most of those Davidson scenarios involve them winning tonight, which would very much be at our expense...

I am assuming most of those Davidson scenarios involve them winning tonight, which would very much be at our expense...
Well, yes, from an at-large angle, of course. They all involve Davidson beating us.

I meant from a path-to-the-auto-bid standpoint. All of the scenarios involve a lot of the top teams losing, so we end up at the 2 or 3 in any scenario where Davidson gets the 4, even with them beating us tonight.

Reactions: ChoppinBroccoli
Duquesne is not on the bubble.
I don't think it matters who wins this game.
I do think this game is likely to affect who we play on Friday the 13th...

I think we want UR & UD to win out, the rest of the top 8 to go 1-1...

if you can root for VCU, knock yourself out. I hope they lose by 30. if we take care of business, it won't matter.

I’m rooting for them and I think it’s the smart play. Rooting for Duquesne hurts us more than it helps. Isn’t the biggest screw you to VCU them winning to help us get in? I know if us winning helped get vcu in the tournament it would piss me off. Watching vcu strengthen our chances just makes me so happy and laugh at their horrible season even more than I already am.

if you can root for VCU, knock yourself out. I hope they lose by 30. if we take care of business, it won't matter.
No, no. Their next game they need to lose by 30. So that Davidson gets back up above 75...

I’m rooting for them and I think it’s the smart play.
"smart play" implies your (or my) rooting for them has some impact on their winning. it doesn't. so I'll root against them. if they win and it somehow helps us ... fine.

rooting against them is too strong. we have a game tonight. that's all I care about. they're not even a blip on my radar now.

St. Francis (PA) is up against Bryant late in the first half. It’s the quarterfinal of the NEC Tournament so if they can win the whole thing it can’t hurt to have a win over another tourney team. Probably won’t help but at least it won’t hurt!

St. Francis (PA) is up against Bryant late in the first half. It’s the quarterfinal of the NEC Tournament so if they can win the whole thing it can’t hurt to have a win over another tourney team. Probably won’t help but at least it won’t hurt!

We will take everything we can get. Radford and Charleston can win their tourneys as well.

We can party with Radford and St. Francis in Dayton during the First Four.

Reactions: plydogg
I think this team will not make a mistake, like losing to Radford or even St. Bonaventure, again. This is an experienced and veteran team. They understand the mistakes that they make in games will cost them. They have a taste of success and they like it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT