ADVERTISEMENT

2019 Baseball Season

I don't understand what happened at the end of game 3. Wasn't there a force at the plate? Why did he "slide in front of the tag?"
I'm all for beating VCU but this looks like a bad call.

Pitcher should have just tossed it to the catcher anyway.

I don't understand what happened at the end of game 3. Wasn't there a force at the plate? Why did he "slide in front of the tag?"
I'm all for beating VCU but this looks like a bad call.

Pitcher should have just tossed it to the catcher anyway.

Synapses by VCU kids obviously work differently than for UR kids.

rode out to SMITHVILLE, TX with my son as he had a job interview there and wanted to see the place after viewing the movie HOPE FLOATS which was filmed there. when i picked him up after his set of interviews he indicated that a woman who interviewed him asked about his growing up in Richmond, VA and they talked about that for a while and he indicated that his parents had both graduated from UR and that he was a huge SPIDER fan. the woman told him that her son was a catcher on the UR baseball team and he was hired. in the end, he did not take that position but a funny story on how small the world is and you never know when something out of the blue is going to happen. certainly have followed Kyle's career since that time and have to say, his mom is the best.

Last edited:
Diamond Spiders split with St Bona today, rubber match tomorrow.

Regular season, 4 home games left, Del St Tues, 3 game away series at Fl St should be a strong tune up, then final 3 game home series with St Louis before conference,

Bad habit all year losing midweek games to the vmIs, Delaware States, etc. Of the world. Head scratchers.

Bad habit all year losing midweek games to the vmIs, Delaware States, etc. Of the world. Head scratchers.

Just take pay games vs ACC during midweek if this is our product vs inferior teams. Seems like we play better against them anyway. Ridiculous how weak we are vs bad teams yet turn around and win series vs the top teams in the A-10. I know we’re not great but almost all our losses outside the A-10 are bad.

Spiders lose to Fordham 7-6 in the 10th inning.

Coach stuck with Miller too long.Not sure I get Balducci as the reliever.Not impressed all year.Both mistakes on the coach.

We left a ton of LOB in scoring positions including bases loaded twice.Woulda,coulda,shoulda.Bad loss.

Nice night in the Big Apple.

On to the losers bracket.

Last edited:
Tough loss, Not over yet but likely to be another disappointing finish to the once good Spider baseball program.

6-0 going into Top 7th

Gave up triple and sac fly.

Now 6-2 going into Bottom 7th

VCU has 2 more at bats

Brendan McGuigan gives up only 1 hit with 100 pitches.

He was getting tired in 7th when we gave up the 2 runs.

UR leaves 3 LOB bottom of 7th-bases loaded

New UR pitcher due in 8th.

Last edited:
Lamb gives up back to back softballs, a 3 run homer and a solo shot in the 7th.UR 2-1 lead goes to 5-2 deficit.Final 6-3.Season over.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT