ADVERTISEMENT

2015 Schedule Shaping Up

MolivaManiac

Spider's Club
Feb 8, 2004
JMU and UNH both released their 2015 schedules today.

We are at JMU on 10/24 and at UNH on 11/7. I suspect we'll release the rest of ours soon.

And we have VMI, @UMD and @Hampton OOC correct? From what I read we will be playing the same CAA teams as this year, just reversing the locales.

Home:
Maine
Albany
W&M
Elon

Road:
JMU
URI
UNH
Villanova

Not a particularly attractive home schedule. Also, catching JMU, UNH and VU on the road is going to be pretty challenging with a younger team.

Not playing either SBU,UD,or Towson next season is a bit puzzling.We will have played none of those three(3)schools for two(2)consecutive years.If we were to play them we would likely host SBU or UD.Not likely Towson. Unusual that we will have played Albany and Maine for three( 3)consecutive years.

This post was edited on 11/6 4:43 PM by 32counter

Believe we're on a two-year rotation now where you play the same schools alternating home and homes, so no surprise we're missing the same folks again next year. We'll reset for 2016.

The longer hiatuses are I think just due to the nature of the conference shuffles...they had to keep redoing things as schools came in and out, so in some cases the usual pattern is off.

Yikes.If that's the way 2015 rolls out,we will have a tough time selling not only season ticket renewals but also single game tickets.We better have real Marketing personnel in place and way in advance of the season putting together a game plan.If you can't get sellouts with Top 10 ranked teams in Nova and UNH with abysmal student attendance,next years attendance overall will be way down.Analagous likely situation for most of UR OOC basketball schedule.Groupon get ready.

When do we start attending our home games to support our Spiders and not concerned about who we are playing?

Bye week after the initial 3 games which are OOC.No break during CAA schedule.Awful schedule.CAA by being lazy did us no favors.Thanks Yaeger.

I don't think the schedule means dip to season ticket sales. You either buy and follow the Spiders in football and basketball with season tickets, or you don't. A great schedule is a plus, but only comes into play for individual game sales.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT