ADVERTISEMENT

UR vs. VCU Rematch

CM is showing some unusual patience with Taylor. Keeps giving him chances. Hope he proves to be right in the second half.

If Johnson makes 14 of 14 threes for the game, so be it. They deserve to win. But odds are that those shots are going to start missing, and we would be up 8 right now if they'd missed even 3 of them. We cannot afford stupid turnovers. If we tighten things up, we will win.

7 for 7 with threes and we're still close. He shouldn't keep that up

I like where we are. We are playing better basketball. They made a bunch of contested low percentage shots. It will even out.

If that's the best they got we should win this. We have the legs, no need to panic just close out on threes.

This second half is not going to go well for us, that sequence at the end of the 1st half after a steal was abysmal. Deion Taylor should not be allowed to shoot the ball unless he's at the free throw line and even then I'd recommend someone else trying to slip in and shoot those shots. Melvin Johnson 37, Richmond 36.

Good things: KA0, TJ, Terry, ANO's contributions and you would have thought we were the team running HAVOC in that first half

Bad things: Trey's inability to lift his head while plowing someone over (happens at least 1-2 times a game), guarding (lack thereof) of Melvin Johnson), Shawndre's passing choices, Deion, J Jones, foul shots (I don't think we had 1)

Let's not get so fixated on closing out on Johnson that we let Graham do his "drive right with shoulder down and get fouled" routine next half. Johnson can't possibly keep up this pace, no way no how.

VCU just chucking up threes and hitting we are the better team let's see if we can gain some traction here cmon spiders

You're only the better team if the score at the end of the game say so, regardless of how the game plays out...

dead.r191677.gif

You're only the better team if the score at the end of the game say so, regardless of how the game plays out...

dead.r191677.gif

Originally posted by TBSpyder:

CM is showing some unusual patience with Taylor. Keeps giving him chances. Hope he proves to be right in the second half.
This is news???

Am I the only one who cringes and hopes we make the 2 before we go to the foul line since I have no faith that anyone on our team will hit free throws?

not letting MJ shoot standing still this half -- missed 2 in a row good job Spiders & CM

not letting MJ shoot standing still this half -- missed 2 in a row good job Spiders & CM

Cmon spiders build this lead up 8 tied legs down the stretch for VCU if we can distance ourselves. Let's do this love the intensity and array of shots we are showing. Not one dimensional and our D is stepping up!

They're making a run. Anthony needs to drive and dish, or this game may not turn out well

K0 is a giant among men --- pressure time we need all 5 to play hard --- was the last vcu 3 inside the line?

K0 is a giant among men --- pressure time we need all 5 to play hard --- was the last vcu 3 inside the line?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT