ADVERTISEMENT

Official hot seat thread Mooney

anyone just hear beckwith's comment on the postgame, he must now be on the mooney payroll...saying how well the players were prepared and that the coaches don't miss shots
I did, not a good look. He just blamed the players. Maybe that was his way of saying we quit competing. And we all know, competing is the gold standard @ UR

Reactions: Eight Legger
anyone just hear beckwith's comment on the postgame, he must now be on the mooney payroll...saying how well the players were prepared and that the coaches don't miss shots
I agree with Beckwith to a point. The players on this team only beat lesser rated opponents. That speaks volumes as to their ability. It is what it is.

HOWEVER, at the same time, Mooney has created a culture and a system that are exceedingly soft. Mooney does not give his player's the best opportunity to win. That is on the coach.

So whatā€™s wrong - is the coaching not good enough or the players not good enough, or both?

This may be blasphemy , but letā€™s pray we donā€™t have some sort of miracle run in
the tournament. We go to the NCAAā€™s - then what?

This may be blasphemy , but letā€™s pray we donā€™t have some sort of miracle run in
Anna, let your mind be free. If this team is still playing basketball in DC on Friday it would be a miracle.

Reactions: Not-A-Homer
Omg, please, you believe this could happen? I should have included you in my Mooney lovers post. Not an fing chance

I agree with Beckwith to a point. The players on this team only beat lesser rated opponents. That speaks volumes as to their ability. It is what it is.

HOWEVER, at the same time, Mooney has created a culture and a system that are exceedingly soft. Mooney does not give his player's the best opportunity to win. That is on the coach.
Yep as have posted, culture of comfort shining through.

These were his comments after the game last night. Smooth sailing, everything is fine and by MoonPieā€™s estimation everything has been fine all season long šŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™‚ļø

ā€œWe need to get ourselves ready for a game at (George Washington),ā€ Mooney said of URā€™s Tuesday assignment. ā€œAfter that game, get ourselves ready for the next one. I donā€™t think anything would change in terms of how we approach each coming game, or each individual game.
ā€œItā€™s just a matter of us being ready, fresh, alert and things that I think we have been.ā€

• Wow
Reactions: Not-A-Homer
These were his comments after the game last night. Smooth sailing, everything is fine and by MoonPieā€™s estimation everything has been fine all season long šŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™‚ļø

ā€œWe need to get ourselves ready for a game at (George Washington),ā€ Mooney said of URā€™s Tuesday assignment. ā€œAfter that game, get ourselves ready for the next one. I donā€™t think anything would change in terms of how we approach each coming game, or each individual game.
ā€œItā€™s just a matter of us being ready, fresh, alert and things that I think we have been.ā€
So just keep doing what weā€™ve been doing and expecting different resultsā€¦.isnā€™t that the definition of insanity

or he likes the results

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT