ADVERTISEMENT

@ George Mason 2/9

I feel like the Richmond-George Mason game is not exactly a big draw on the Vegas boards either way.
Bettors bet games that they like the line on… period. The only people gambling on cbb on a Wed night are serious gamblers and they will bet any game they think has a good line.

I may be in minority but I actually liked the announcers think they did a good job for most part

Yes should have been travel at Oduro near end of reg. Had a chance to get him out of game with fouls late or early in OT but didn't try.

Goose is only player on team who can make anyone on O uncomfortable

Vet team didn't even get a shot off to win end of reg then panicked in OT

Not sure why Cayo was in late. The possession I hated most came around 3 min mark we run O through Cayo then we get a wing missed 3 from Golden who never takes them from that area.

Goodbye top 4 seed

We lost it at the line. Can’t blame the refs, they were pretty terrible both ways.
What about the Cayo call?? The refs called a block and gave him the bucket!! Worst call of the night. It goes both ways Nate. We lost because we cant stop them from getting layup after layup and we dont guard their hottest 3 pt shooter at crunch time. Just another Mooney/Best team ever letdown.

We absolutely know going into any game that if the opponent has a big man that can dribble a basketball then he will abuse Grant.
So true. Might be the weakest worst defending big man I have ever seen. And after he gets toasted, he never gets upset as if he expects it. At the end of the game, he knows he gets beat, at least foul the hell out of the guy and make him make the ft’s. Did he have a hard foul all night that stopped a score?

So true. Might be the weakest worst defending big man I have ever seen. And after he gets toasted, he never gets upset as if he expects it. At the end of the game, he knows he gets beat, at least foul the hell out of the guy and make him make the ft’s. Did he have a hard foul all night that stopped a score?

In his career you could probably count all his hard fouls on two hands 🤷‍♂️

One thing that Mooney teams are really good at, at least as it relates to me, is pulling you back in to believing just maybe and then they kick you right in the nuts. Thank God I started wearing a cup several years ago.
Yes and its better now than 3 games down the road. Thinking this team will win 4 games in 4 days is a pipe dream. And thats a crack pipe Im referring to.

Exactly, I have been saying that for 6 years now. GG needs to lay somebody out flat with his first foul and set the tone. I am pretty sure he hasn’t fouled out in a half dozen years.

One thing that Mooney teams are really good at, at least as it relates to me, is pulling you back in to believing just maybe and then they kick you right in the nuts. Thank God I started wearing a cup several years ago.
Yup. If this was the season we were having with a new coach and mostly younger plays we’d think the future is bright. I still think this team can hang with everyone in the A10 any given night but don’t think they can put it together 4 games in a row. Super frustrating for such an experienced team.

Grant's fouls per game by year, omitting his shortened first season:

2017–18: 2.47
2018–19: 1.85
2019–20: 1.34
2020–21: 1.86
2021–22: 1.72
Not putting this on Grant at all, but on the coaching mindset in which he has marinated for 6 years. This screams soft.

If you want a post season program, these defensive stats in the paint are damning and you ain't Dancing in today's game.

For comparison, Oduro's fouls per game by year:

2019–20: 2.16
2020–21: 1.86
2021–22: 3.16

Oduro also averaged only 17 minutes in his first year and 23.5 last year before jumping to almost 31 minutes this year. Golden has averaged between 26 and 31 every year except his shortened first year.

Not saying that more fouls is necessarily good, but as many people have observed over the years, he's got some room there to be more aggressive.

Not putting this on Grant at all, but on the coaching mindset in which he has marinated for 6 years. This screams soft.

If you want a post season program, these defensive stats in the paint are damning and you ain't Dancing in today's game.
KE. I agree and don’t blame Grant at all. It’s obviously systemic. In the last 17 years, only big men Garrett and TJ (last year only) played any defense at all.

Reactions: nathanw19
We're going to miss the hell out of Gilly. Scary to think about our guard play next year unless Jason Nelson is the answer. Also hoping DJI is well and plays well.
Im not saying we will have a good team, or better players next year, im saying that I will not miss watching this bunch play. They are frustrating as hell to watch.

Reactions: 8legs1dream
What about the Cayo call?? The refs called a block and gave him the bucket!! Worst call of the night. It goes both ways Nate. We lost because we cant stop them from getting layup after layup and we dont guard their hottest 3 pt shooter at crunch time. Just another Mooney/Best team ever letdown.
I’m pretty sure I said the refs were terrible for both sides and that we can’t blame them for the game?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT