ADVERTISEMENT

@ George Mason 2/9

I do like the scenario with both Dji and Nelson in the back court together. One or both are going to need to prove they can consistently hit threes. That has been a huge issue this season with no consistent threat at the other guard and Gilly in a slump until recently.
If that is the case, where do u see Goose? At 3? Too short for 3? So I believe Goose is second guard if we want to call it that. I believe Goose had shown on offense and defense that he’s earned a starting position. And he’s doing more than just playing a role now. Solid player.

Lindsay was a senior and Anthony a junior when SDJ was a freshman. who did you want him taking more time from? he still got over 13 mpg ... granted most of that came when Ced got hurt.

and Kendall played 25.5 mpg as a freshman despite having Ced and Brothers as starters.

I don't think Mooney's personnel blunders are as obvious as you remember. I don't think Mooney stunted the growth of SDJ or Kendall or Gilyard or any of our successful guards.
I’d agree with this, those examples don’t ring particularly true to me. I do think CM has a difficult time identifying the best “borderline” guys. I’d say the decisioning around the 2G this season is an example: started the season with nick who most folks suspected would be physically challenged, then went to Wilson, not enough Dji and now goose. There have been other examples in the past with cases like Deion Taylor, Trey Davis, and a variety of others.

On an adjacent note, it’s depressing as hell that we’re talking about next season’s lineups when we are still in February. Gross.

Reactions: Section9.RowD
I’d agree with this, those examples don’t ring particularly true to me. I do think CM has a difficult time identifying the best “borderline” guys. I’d say the decisioning around the 2G this season is an example: started the season with nick who most folks suspected would be physically challenged, then went to Wilson, not enough Dji and now goose. There have been other examples in the past with cases like Deion Taylor, Trey Davis, and a variety of others.

On an adjacent note, it’s depressing as hell that we’re talking about next season’s lineups when we are still in February. Gross.
Right -we do have a game tomorrow ….

If that is the case, where do u see Goose? At 3? Too short for 3? So I believe Goose is second guard if we want to call it that. I believe Goose had shown on offense and defense that he’s earned a starting position. And he’s doing more than just playing a role now. Solid player.
I could see Nelson, Goose and Dji together with Burton but I don't think it works with Grace. Would need Walz or some newcomer-to-be-named to be a big rebounder. can't expect Burton to do it all. If Grace is the 5 then I think we need a little more size.

I think the roster might have some pieces to fill for next year. I'm really not confident that Grace and Sal come back, and I'm not even sure about Goose. could be a crazy spring with many teams scrambling.

VCU destroying Mason on the road, because Mason is not good. But of course to hear our athletic department tell it, we played two thrilling games with an evenly matched team.

Sadly, we are even.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT