ADVERTISEMENT

@ George Mason 2/9

Gallipoli

Graduate Assistant
Aug 20, 2017
The Doghouse
After tonights game, the Wednesday game looks to be more challenging. They will surely have Oduro back. I can't take this much longer.

Wed night will be my 2nd game at the arena formerly know as the Patriot Center. Saw us I think lose in CAA action in ‘97 when I was living in DC after graduating the year before.

Last edited:
We can't place defense, Mooney never makes any adjustments, some of our players are lazy, we don't rebound, we're soft, we'll never beat (insert opponent here) playing like that.

Just getting a jump on Wednesday's rematch. ;)

We can't place defense, Mooney never makes any adjustments, some of our players are lazy, we don't rebound, we're soft, we'll never beat (insert opponent here) playing like that.

Just getting a jump on Wednesday's rematch. ;)
Now that is funny.

I graduated high school in the Patriot Center. Would be nice if we can graduate to a top-4 seed with a win there Wednesday.

Reactions: SpiderK
Goose has been playing great. With Gilly finding his shot and Goose playing good D and hitting some shots early I thought that was the best our back court has looked all year. Those two and Burton are playing well enough to win the A10 tournament.

Our lack of interior defense is a big problem. Cayo seems completely neutralized on offense. Golden was a huge threat from 3 early in the year and now scared to death to shoot it, completely has the yips and being left wide open. I think Grace needs to shoot more. One possession he passed up a wide open 8 footer, even Bob and Beck incredulous. We are going to need Golden and Grace to be confident on offense and tougher on D to have a chance in the A10 tourney.

You’re earning back your number, #23. Good take.
I remember when they would put Grace in and we’d immediately call for him to be taken out. They were always scary minutes. Now Matt has really settled in and love his style of play.

Question for you all.
How much do you think coaching matters in this next game? It’s a really unique circumstance to play a team back to back and I’d imagine both coaches will be trying to make adjustments.
GM getting their big man back might outweighs coaching adjustments, though my money likely will be on the spiders. Imagine the line will be pretty close to even money.

I think tomorrow night's game will be completely different from last night's. I suspect the game is played in the 70s and one team wins by 10-12. I hope it's us.
Sometimes when a key player is out others step up , play harder, etc. Oduro coming back doesn’t mean Mason will be incrementally better than they were last night. I agree it will be an entirely different game. If we shoot better, I like our chances.

Agreed, I don't think they win by 20 or anything just because they played us to the wire without him.

#15 Schwartz of Colorado
#3 Gaines of Tennessee
Both look good...

Is it correct that GMU gets 43 minutes from their bench compared to our 57? (SJU & SBU are both even less)

And I suggest fouling #35 Henry more. He is 0-12 from the line since 11/13...

Sometimes when a key player is out others step up , play harder, etc. Oduro coming back doesn’t mean Mason will be incrementally better than they were last night. I agree it will be an entirely different game. If we shoot better, I like our chances.
Yep. Completely different game tomorrow with Odoro. Logic would dictate that they would play better with him, but I honestly think if we go another 40 minutes tomorrow against the same Mason team, we probably lose at their place. So, I hope his addition benefits how this game plays out for us.

And ridiculous how many layups and deep in the paint shots GM got last night. Too much of a fundamental flaw in our defensive strategy.

And ridiculous how many layups and deep in the paint shots GM got last night. Too much of a fundamental flaw in our defensive strategy.
Why every team doesn't drive on us, I don't know. None of our guys, save Goose are good at keeping their man in front of them. Grant is usually half way down the court to set up the offense after he gets beat.

Reactions: 8legs1dream
And then we don't have a rim protector when our guy gets beat. In fact, Grant almost seems to help clear the driver's path to the hoop, not stepping up himself to help and making sure no one else can help either. It's like his only job is to put a body on his own man even when a guy is going up for an uncontested layup or dunk. Take a foul or at least force the guy into a tough shot or a pass.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT