ADVERTISEMENT

@ George Mason 2/9

Horrible shooting night from Gilyard. Anybody know why his hand was wrapped?
Burton should play less minutes if he refuses to play defense. Even more infuriating when he continues to settle for poor shots.

Why did they let us inbound the ball at the end? Mason had more than 10 fouls, right? The guy who committed the foul did not have the ball. What am I missing?
Yes thought Burton would go to the line. But if anyone can read the refs minds not sure they would find anything.

Reactions: SpiderK
Wondered early on, particularly in first half, why Oduro could camp in the lane to keep getting his own missed shots? Guess the 3 second rule no longer applies. One time he was in there for over 8 seconds.

Reactions: SpiderK
I would be honest and say that we did not deserve to win. The travel was obvious. Were you watching?
Totally agree it was a terrible call. But blaming refs get you no where. There were ahundreds of things that could’ve gone differently in the game that make Richmond win the game (free throws, a 3 goes in, a rebound, a defensive stop, etc). Focusing on 1 that went GMU’s way is a fool’s errand, and not what winning teams do.

Just for levity about refs, I am still miffed about the JMU player under Lefty Driesell who stuck his foot out off the bench, and tripped JD, John Davis. Ref called nothing. So yes the history of refs making bad calls goes back a long way................

Reactions: 8legs1dream
Why did they let us inbound the ball at the end? Mason had more than 10 fouls, right? The guy who committed the foul did not have the ball. What am I missing?
Agree, foul on the inbounds or before.

Another alternative strategy in that situation would be to place all 5-defenders in an arc outside the 3-point line. Leave the basket completely unprotected. That would force:

1) a pass under the goal which concedes a basket (can't beat you when you're up 3)
2) an inbounds pass out toward midcourt which would make a very deep shoot & catch 3-pointer with .7 seconds highly unlikely

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT