ADVERTISEMENT

Bryce Schneider - 2017 Signee

Thanks for posting, nice job Bryce.

Ulla, you know you don't need to bump something you just posted, right? I think you are stat padding.
T, just trying to push down the negative threads with something positive. Believe it or not, the negativity hurts our cause.

Reactions: gcarter52
So Bryce's team just won and moves on the state championship game in their division. Will be really interesting as the team they play features Zion Williamson, one of the best players in the nation. Saturday at 12:30.

Reactions: SpiderK
Bryce will block all such dunks displayed in the above video and make Zion eat many of such attempts as the ball is thrust by the hands of Bryce with great force down upon Zion as he leaps toward the basket. When Zion's feet leave the ground they will be met at the basket by Bryce, arms outreached, towering over him. The rest of such attempts (those Zion doesn't eat) will bound off of his skull, several ending up as far as the 15th row of the stands.

The tallest players on the other team in the above video were 5'7' and 5'9", both were frail white kids from the burbs with nutritional deformities, both were raised as "mama's boys", and coupled with their incredibly poor gene pool and the limited skills of their phenotypes, they would have made Chandler Diekvoss, Kadeem Smithen, and KoVien Dominaus all look like LeBron James.

Zion hasn't a clue as to the fate which will befall him on Saturday, and after the ensuing total humiliation at the hands of Bryce, he may choose to forgo signing a LOI with any of those top 20 teams who have offered and come to UR to see if he can learn how to avoid such dominance, and thereby regain some confidence and salvage his career.

It is written.

Reactions: UR Fan 2
I don't think Bryce can play here. He appears to be another guy that Mooney recruited that should be at the D2 level.

I don't think Bryce can play here. He appears to be another guy that Mooney recruited that should be at the D2 level.

Surely you jest. Shirley.
If serious, upon which facts or statistics do you base your assertion?

Though most probably a very bad practice on the part of the basketball program, the staff and fans have historically reserved such judgments until the recruit has had a chance to enter the gym and attempt to compete against others.

However, should you have revealing information which would prove such a chance to be a waste of time, or another sound basis for your assertion, we will just give him a call and tell him that we have decided that he is to play for either Randolph Macon or Hampden-Sydney, that we are sorry for the mistake, and that we wish him well.

Last edited:
Surely you jest. Shirley.
If serious, upon which facts or statistics do you base your assertion?

Though most probably a very bad practice on the part of the basketball program, the staff and fans have historically reserved such judgments until the recruit has had a chance to enter the gym and attempt to compete against others.

However, should you have revealing information which would prove such a chance to be a waste of time, or another sound basis for your assertion, we will just give him a call and tell him that we have decided that he is to play for either Randolph Macon or Hampden-Sydney, that we are sorry for the mistake, and that we wish him well.
My assessment is based on the fact that he is a guard and only shoots 26% from three and about 65% from the foul line. He gets most of his points in the paint it seems and that is because he is 6 foot 5 and is taller than most people trying to guard him at the high school level. He is way too thin to continue doing that at the next level and will be overpowered by most guards in college. If he could actually shoot then he could play but he can't so yes I think he's a better fit for a D2 or lower level team.

My assessment is based on the fact that he is a guard and only shoots 26% from three and about 65% from the foul line. He gets most of his points in the paint it seems and that is because he is 6 foot 5 and is taller than most people trying to guard him at the high school level. He is way too thin to continue doing that at the next level and will be overpowered by most guards in college. If he could actually shoot then he could play but he can't so yes I think he's a better fit for a D2 or lower level team.

You may be correct. Time will tell. Maybe he's not a 3 point shooter.
Personally, I am going to give the kid a chance before writing him off.
He comes from a long line of successful scorers at the Div 1 level. I had stated in another post that he would likely redshirt and I'm hoping that an extra year will give him an opportunity to develop his 3 point shot while he adjusts to the college game.

Reactions: SpiderK
Just wondering the value of negative speculations on a recruit who has not yet matriculated at UR. Hope these guys don't read this board.

Last edited:
You may be correct. Time will tell. Maybe he's not a 3 point shooter.
Personally, I am going to give the kid a chance before writing him off.
He comes from a long line of successful scorers at the Div 1 level. I had stated in another post that he would likely redshirt and I'm hoping that an extra year will give him an opportunity to develop his 3 point shot while he adjusts to the college game.
Fair enough. I think a redshirt would help. He at least needs to put some weight on and hopefully he can improve his shooting. If he does he could be a big time contributor.

Fair enough. I think a redshirt would help. He at least needs to put some weight on and hopefully he can improve his shooting. If he does he could be a big time contributor.
Really appreciate your opinion VT. Thanks.

Reactions: UR Fan 2
I am not about to dismiss Schneider before he even gets to campus. The fact that he had 4 other offers, including a P5 offer, suggests he is much more likely to pan out than Smithen, Kovien, Deikvoss, JP etc. We have no idea what the context for his stats is, what he is asked to do for his team, or the quality of the competition he is facing. All we know is that multiple programs thought he was good enough to play D1 basketball.

I am not about to dismiss Schneider before he even gets to campus. The fact that he had 4 other offers, including a P5 offer, suggests he is much more likely to pan out than Smithen, Kovien, Deikvoss, JP etc. We have no idea what the context for his stats is, what he is asked to do for his team, or the quality of the competition he is facing. All we know is that multiple programs thought he was good enough to play D1 basketball.
True, he has a better offer sheet than 3 of our other recruits next year.

Not to mention most of the assessment of a recruit's potential is based off of their performance on the AAU circuit, when they are consistently playing a high level of competition.

Reactions: urfan1
This actually makes me feel better about Bryce, because VT is pretty much diametrically wrong about everything.

Saw a youtube video of Zion's 51 points in the finals. Starts out with a nasty block on Bryce. That dude is just a bad man. If he has a decent head on his shoulders, his physical talents will take him a long way.

Let Bryce eat with the football team, he will gain weight. My son went from 149# to 165# while lowering his body fat by eating sirloin, boiled eggs, and four Muscle Milk 32's a day, and hitting the gym 4x per week. He did this over the course of 6-8 weeks.

Three good examples of kids who came here skinny, and left here muscled and ripped were Butler, Harper, and Weinecki. A good diet and quality time in the weight room can make a big difference.

Coach Fezz is going to come out here and get after you guys with the weight room talk...

Zion Williamson looks like he needs to lay off the Big Macs. He is talented and athletic, but he needs to get into a fitness regimen and lean out a bit, he could have a weight issue in a few years.

FWIW, if one thinks that D2 basketball players are a massive talent drop off from D1, then they have never played against a D2 team. A good D2 player is performing at a high skill level. MANY D2 players are playing at that level because their athleticism is 1-step below what is typically expected at the D1 level. It is not that uncommon for D2 players to be better shooters and better ball handlers than a lot of their counterparts in D1. They are often just not as athletic, and sometimes not quite as good a defender.

It goes without saying that those of the highest skill level usually end up at D1. Of course, grades and attitude are sometimes factors in where a player ends up. But, there is no shortage of toughness and moxie at the D2 level. Players who are under 6'8 or so often don't get a look from the big time if they are not quite as athletic as the super athlete. Doesn't mean that they can't play.

Remember a guy named T.J. Cline? Even though he was listed at 6'9, I understand that he had only 1 major college scholarship offer out of high school. That means that he was very close to playing at the D2 level if one team hadn't taken a chance on him. Think he turned out pretty good. Lineage, savvy, heart and other less definable qualities are harder to assess. With his stats, a fan has to believe that the coaches see some of the potential intangibles listed above in his favor. I hope that they are right and that Schneider develops into a great contributor.

Reactions: Ulla1 and SpiderK
Zion Williamson looks like he needs to lay off the Big Macs. He is talented and athletic, but he needs to get into a fitness regimen and lean out a bit, he could have a weight issue in a few years.
what picture are you looking at? the kid's a monster and he's in great shape.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT