ADVERTISEMENT

Your Join Date

Thought it was interesting that Rivals has kept your membership start date. Apparently I've been part of the board for nearly 12 years now (May 12, 2003 - my Jr. year of HS). What about you?
I think mine is correct. But I did notice one of our posters is pretty high up on the overall list. Guess which one.

I've got you beat by a week, 05.

Many of the old-timers have join dates around May 2003 because as I recall that's when the board moved back over here from everyone.net. Ones even older than that may be from an even older board here or simply joined for general Rivals recruiting info.

Great point. I've been around since slide rules and log manipulations, not to mention Lewis Mills and Johnny Moates.

November 25, 2003

I lurk more than post these days.

But I defend my dissertation next week, so I may have more free time after that.

I've been searching for Spider hoops news and people to discuss it with since Al Gore invented this worldwide interweb thing.

May 5, 2003. Though I thought I had another previous name, that got lost and could not be used..

It seems I joined almost exactly a year ago. I had lurked for years and got fed up enough with some of the things that were being posted on here that I finally decided to create an account and offer my own perspective.

Also, for those of you who signed up in 2001, that is very impressive. I didn't even have internet at my house in 2001.

Last edited:
Feb 8 2004. Can anyone recall the date of the win at Kansas? I think I may have signed up around that game.

05 - true, from sometime mid 2001 to 2003 (basically the time you see these join dates) we were over on some community.net board, similar to a Voy board. That was necessary because rivals went down for long period & had changes. But prior to that we were on Rivals, this board is the 2nd go around. I remember finding the original spiderfans rivals board in 1999-2000. It was quite the pleasant surprise. Prior to that it was just RTD online. So some of us go back that far. I was even giantkiller then with it spelled out but I couldn't reuse when I registered again since under old work email. At first you didn't even have username registration so you could just type anything in as your username which caused some spoofing. we had some internet battles with the goo moos at the time as some will recall. George Evans era. The term Goo Moos was popularized by us. There were a number of folks I remember who were around when I found board, notably spiderman who has been kicking with the knowledge ever since. Some great rumors from back in day too, my favorite was the Jeff Van Gundy to coach UR (he was out of coaching at time, post Knicks).

LOL...Van Gundy to UR rumor was awesome. I don't remember if I was on the original Rivals board, but definitely spent a lot of time on the everyone.net board before we migrated back over here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT