ADVERTISEMENT

UR vs W&M predictions

SpiderRick

Graduate Assistant
Oct 11, 2009
We've had it for the other games, might as well have one for the last game.

W&M 38-17

Carolina, you may be correct, but I believe an objective look at the facts suggest, more than likely, you are incorrect. Someone, I think Eight Legger, explained this in detail in response to a similar post of yours on another thread. I won't replow that ground. If you didn't believe the "math" then, I doubt you will now.

As to the subject of the thread, I believe we win by a TD.

Plea to Coach Legg, please make adjustments to punt protection for this Saturday. Every punt is now a nail biter. Without change it is only a matter of time before we suffer another killer block like at Maine.

It will be cold on Saturday night in Williamsburg .We don't play well when it's cold.Remember Maine and Madison.

We are playing at night.We played at Liberty at night and barely won.It was not cold.

It's a TV game.It takes 3 hours usually to play.Saturday will take 4 hours.

It's senior day for the Tribe.We didn't get up for our senior day.They will.

Tribe defense will shut down our running game.

It's up to Strauss.He has not fully recovered.

We finish 7-5,one game better than last year when we lost to URI and Gardner Webb.

I've got a great feeling about Saturday night in Williamsburg. The Spiders will be ready and will advance to the playoffs after an impressive win over William & Mary. The last two games are water under the bridge and our guys are ready to go!

I'm optimistic. Strauss is not going to throw two pick-6s again. Fisher is not going to fumble at the goalline once and on his way to the goalline another time. We are not going to hand the Tribe 20+ points.

They may be missing their entire starting offensive line. Our defense cannot possible play as poorly as it did last week.

Give me the Spiders 31-24 in double OT. I am anxious to be frozen solid by the end of this one.

This is from a JMU.cheerleader from a post on AGS:

"Richmond clearly has the more talented QB, but it's not going to be enough to win this game.

these teams are relatively close in terms of talent. but there is one glaring matchup problem, and that's the punting game. JMU came close to blocking SEVERAL Richmond punts, and W&M is #1 in the country with 6 blocked punts. the #2 FCS teams "only" have 4 blocked punts.

W&M is going to block a punt in this game unless Richmond does something drastic to fix the issue.

don't overlook this. if W&M blocks a punt, they win the game. and i'm going out on a limb to say that they WILL block a punt and they WILL win the game. if i'm wrong, no need to give me s**t for it, because that's a pretty specific prediction."

Nobody on this board would disagree.

I guess we all have the right to feel as negative as we want too but it is pathetic as to how some seem to feel we will loose and be done.I choose to attend Saturday night and give my best cheering of the year, win or loose I support Coach Rocco.We have been only a few plays in each game that we lost to have made a run to win if the breaks came our way. I have a strong faith and belief that Coach Rocco will have our team and coaches ready as much as they will repond. Vince Lombardi could be our coach and if the players choose to give less than their abilities, we could not win! As for those who think our season will end no matter how the game goes, well I hope the players do not approach this game as some have on this board and am looking forward to a Spider victory by just enough to WIN. Oh and Moliva, I have an extra parking pass for next week and it has your name on it! The fire barrel will be there.

32 Counter. Don't you think that would be all the more reason to work on max protection on punts this week and make it one of the main focuses?? Blocked punts completely flip the field. They are worse than turnovers because they occur behind the line of scrimmage. If it's the same old mess that it has been out there for the past 5 games, you can best believe one is getting blocked. Put people on that team who will put a shoulder into someone instead of watching them go right by them.

KE I don't feel any positive vibes for this game and UR may have won a championship, but the powers to be I believe think that was a freak of nature and we are not a football power. For the Nay-Sayers the Maine loss confirmed that our VU win was not suppose to happen. I bleed blue and red but am a realist that our season is over. I hope I am wrong and would love to see the playoffs, but the odds are extremely poor. The disappointment is this year was our best shot and now we got to retool again.

get the impression, if we don't punt all night, we win this one. go for it on every fourth down, every one of them and let's beat the indians.

on the other hand, if we continue to turn the ball over 4 or 5 times, that is about equal or better of a blocked punt so who knows.

my only real comment here is, who the heck decided to play a night game in late november? fall afternoons are football time, night in november is for the fireplace or maybe gulf coast football where it is still warm.

GO SPIDS, no blocked punts, no turnovers, mucho points, let's win

If we beat W&M the odds are we are in. Overwhelmingly so. Its an extremely soft bubble this year. We just need to beat the Indians and we will have a chance to ay more football.

If, big if, special teams are mistake free, including defending fake Tribe punt, and we score first, UR 24, Tribe 14. Should ifs not happen, W&M 33, UR 10.

Split predictions from the Spider Gang...the only thing I'm sure of is it's going to be great Spiders fellowship and camaraderie before the game at W&M Hall parking lot...and that it's going to be cold...

if we play our best game obviously we have a chance to win...we haven't been close the last two weeks...but we know it's there, if our guys can find it...

Mr. Electric W&M 24-17Satchmo UR 24-23The Chief UR 38-24Mrs. Spider W&M 31-20Ms. Springer W&M 36-21Scooper W&M 27-17The Sheriff UR 24-21Ms. Spirit UR 21-20Ms. Diplomat W&M 28-14Mr. Futbol" W&M 27-20Go Spiders!

The Spider Gang Group Facebook Page

If we win, we're in. CAA is getting 4 bids (UNH, Villanova, JMU, winner of W&M/UR).

Prediction: Strauss and Fisher have big games. UR 31, W&M 24.

Richmond should win this game. Go back three weeks ago and Spiders would be 7 point favorites.....surprisingly now only a +3 dog. Win the turnover stat and Spiders win. This is the same Richmond team that was 7-2 on November 1. Go Spiders!!

I think it's actually a good thing that this game is on the road. Should help the focus a little bit. Strauss coming back last week was bound to be off a bit -- he hadn't played in a month. Now that he got the cobwebs out, I think we'll see the real Strauss this week.

For Straus and Fisher I hope and pray they don't have a repeat of last week. (which I think is almost impossible) I'd really like the season to end on a high note for the team but especially those two.
This post was edited on 11/21 3:18 PM by I-M-UR

Who's starting at QB? It shows as an 'or' in the two deep?
This post was edited on 11/21 4:05 PM by I-M-UR

Originally posted by UR79&Peanuts:

I guess we all have the right to feel as negative as we want too but it is pathetic as to how some seem to feel we will loose and be done.I choose to attend Saturday night and give my best cheering of the year, win or loose I support Coach Rocco.We have been only a few plays in each game that we lost to have made a run to win if the breaks came our way. I have a strong faith and belief that Coach Rocco will have our team and coaches ready as much as they will repond. Vince Lombardi could be our coach and if the players choose to give less than their abilities, we could not win! As for those who think our season will end no matter how the game goes, well I hope the players do not approach this game as some have on this board and am looking forward to a Spider victory by just enough to WIN. Oh and Moliva, I have an extra parking pass for next week and it has your name on it! The fire barrel will be there.
Good Lord. Because in my mind, I think W&m wins, that means I'm pathetic and don't support the team and the coach? You think I'm not going to be cheering for my Spiders? This thread was not titled "Who do you want to win", it's about "who do you think will win". Coach Rocco wan't even mentioned here.

Get a grip

Concerned about turnovers, blocked kicks/punts and night game on road, but feel some game the Spiders have to put it all together on offense, defense and special teams at least one game. Spiders win 28-20.

The wife and I will be there. She's a long time Spider, but got her Phd from William & Mary (she WILL be wearing red). We will actually be tailgating with some long time friends who are avid Tribe fans! I hope I am wrong about the final score, but I can't get the image of the last game we played there when we got beat by 40 points or something...
Go Spiders!

Great. I was going to invite you to tailgate in the WM Hall Lot. I am feeling better about the game today. Spiders 24 Indians 20. Fisher and Hamlin help us play ball control and defense is allowed to be aggressive and causes havoc with injured Tribe OL. We only have to punt once and decide to do a fake and score a TD catching WM in an all out rush trying to block our kick. My optimistic cup is running over!

Jpo, wish I could be there. Y'all pull them through down there and have a cold beverage for me. Not sure why, but for some reason I think we will be ready to go. GO SPIDERS.

URweb95 said:

If we win, we're in. CAA is getting 4 bids (UNH, Villanova, JMU, winner of W&M/UR).

Prediction: Strauss and Fisher have big games. UR 31, W&M 24.

Winner, Winner, southern fried chicken dinner!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT