ADVERTISEMENT

Trent Noah - 2024 Offer

We have announced publicly we have one and players have stated they ae involved. So it is not a secret.

Reactions: VT4700
But we haven’t announced the rate of distribution daily through a new entity
“NIL Yearly Scholarship Exchange”.

Is NYSE taken?

Branham and Shaw both predicting Noah to South Carolina following his visit there last weekend. Not sure what the draw is for them beyond being in the SEC...not particularly close to home, only offered a couple months ago, etc. They're also not very good lol, though Lamont Paris is trying to rebuild things from the Frank Martin era and has been bringing in some highly rated guys.

Branham and Shaw both predicting Noah to South Carolina following his visit there last weekend. Not sure what the draw is for them beyond being in the SEC...not particularly close to home, only offered a couple months ago, etc. They're also not very good lol, though Lamont Paris is trying to rebuild things from the Frank Martin era and has been bringing in some highly rated guys.

NIL?

Interesting...Shaw has it at 60% confidence and Branham at 70%, but clearly there was some positive movement after his OV to SC this weekend. Maybe it was the big football win over Mississippi State? Atmosphere at most P5 schools on Saturdays in the fall are a big advantage and something we can't come remotely close to.

Found a quote from this summer from him about SC:

South Carolina: “Really, their coaching staff stands out to me. I’ve enjoyed building relationships with them, they are in one of the best leagues in the country (the SEC), and I’m just super excited to get to campus. They like my IQ and feel for the game, they talk about that a lot. Coach (Lamont) Paris has done a great job everywhere he has been. He was with great teams at Wisconsin and at UT-Chattanooga, and he is doing a great job at South Carolina.”

Reactions: Zeeter
Off topic, I knew the family a little bit back when I was coaching youth hoops, a local student was killed at South Carolina recently.

NIL should be a nice tie breaker.
but I hope kids aren't making decisions with that being #1.
you've got a lifetime of earning money. these 4 years go by quick. find the right program and find the right fit.
not saying SC isn't it. could be.

Reactions: gospidersgo
Off topic, I knew the family a little bit back when I was coaching youth hoops, a local student was killed at South Carolina recently.

that's awful. I understand the right to protect yourself, but this kid was still outside the home on the porch.

Thankful Virginia dies not have that law,
The "Castle Doctrine" (force authorized to protect your home) quoted in the article is settled case law applicable in every defense of home case. In Virginia, when deadly force is involved, the standard is normally expanded to include debate as to whether there was an "imminent threat of serious bodily harm or death."

Someone unknown breaking into an occupied dwelling at 2 a.m. Most often, jurors agree that under these circumstances it is reasonable to fear for your life, thus justifying the use of deadly force. Attorney's may argue that the suspect needed to threaten the homeowner with a physical weapon to justify deadly force, but that argument often fails.

Always sad when someone is killed, but in a case like this, it is easy to believe that the actions of the deceased led to his own death. Unless the deceased was JUST standing on the porch (and doing nothing else), I would not expect any criminal charges against the shooter. Civil liability for the shooter, maybe, maybe not. Would be interesting to see how a jury decided that case.

Last edited:
Interesting...Shaw has it at 60% confidence and Branham at 70%, but clearly there was some positive movement after his OV to SC this weekend. Maybe it was the big football win over Mississippi State? Atmosphere at most P5 schools on Saturdays in the fall are a big advantage and something we can't come remotely close to.

Maybe they just took him out to the Five Points bars by campus. Road tripped there once to see a buddy from hs. Pretty fun time back then.

Reactions: MDspider8
to me, if it's a drunk kid trying to put his key in the wrong lock, you shouldn't be free to put the trigger.
if someone actually breaks the door or a window to try to get in, then fire away.
need more detail in this case to have a clue.

What I want to know is has 23 used all of his connections coaching these kids in youth basketball to steer any our way when they are ready to play at the college level?

What I want to know is has 23 used all of his connections coaching these kids in youth basketball to steer any our way when they are ready to play at the college level?

Yeah 23 u owe us. But in all seriousness u need it from both sides it’s not easy. Easier for FCS football less for d1 bball.

I was steering a kid to UR (did not coach him) & he was very interested. The football coaches, while responsive to me, didn’t really recruit him or lukewarm at best.

He’s playing in the NFL now.

to me, if it's a drunk kid trying to put his key in the wrong lock, you shouldn't be free to put the trigger.
if someone actually breaks the door or a window to try to get in, then fire away.
need more detail in this case to have a clue.
I thnk the stories that came out he was breaking the glass by the door. Sounds like it was beginning of school , new house. Someone told me all the houses look the same. Sure there was intoxication involved. Terrible story all around.

• Sad
Well the kid from UMass that broke Goldens hand was on my son's AAU team for a couple years, does that count 😀?
That kid stopped playing it seems. Kept looking for his name in the portal but never saw anything. Not a lot of A10 level kids in my area for sure.

Trent will be committing live on Youtube this Sunday with On3. His OV to SLU was supposed to start today, so I don't think it's a good sign for them that he's ready to commit now. Wonder if we'll see a Trilly Donovan Gamecocks GIF drop in the next few days.

Trent will be committing live on Youtube this Sunday with On3. His OV to SLU was supposed to start today, so I don't think it's a good sign for them that he's ready to commit now. Wonder if we'll see a Trilly Donovan Gamecocks GIF drop in the next few days.

Hopefully he is aware that the Spiders are 8-7 against the Gamecocks including 4 of the last 5 games .. one of which most of us will remember in '98.

Last edited:
LOL - I just noticed the title of the live video on Youtube:

Trent Noah LIVE COMMITMENT | Will the SG Choose South Carolina, Stanford, Dayton, Butler, or WKU?​

Could just be going for a short title, but to me seems to indicate UR, SLU, and Seton Hall aren't real contenders...

• Sad
that was my prediction, was told staff expected it, so must have made it clear

I think by the end we were mostly expecting this. The pattern is fairly consistent. We find a guy that looks good, but have questions that he can play at this level. But we can see he is a player. He gains interest, and gains interest and committs elsewhere.

The guys like McGlothin and Robinson are more under the radar, those are the guys we get. Very excited about this class so far. Seems like we are still involved with some very nice wing/PF types so optimistic that we get one more nice prospect.

So at a certain point, all programs need to land a #1 target who is not an under the radar type guy, and beat out tough competition to do so. I hope that the Spider NIL will be able to assist in this going forward.

So at a certain point, all programs need to land a #1 target who is not an under the radar type guy, and beat out tough competition to do so. I hope that the Spider NIL will be able to assist in this going forward.
I am more in line with sman's thinking on this - I think anyway. That for us, we are selling fit/style/opportunity/school/etc first. And if a player has all that equal, then use NIL to ward off the other options. In this case, guessing SEC school - even though the hoops has not been super - still has $$$$. And in this case, he seemed sold on the coaches/situation. I guess theoretically we could have tried to outbid gamecocks, but I don't see it.
But yes, agree that it would be nice to land our numero uno option - which he seemed to be.

absolutely want to land #1 targets. but #1 targets should always be a stretch. when those guys have big summers and land P5 offers, there's a high chance we'll miss. despite PQ and friends' wealth and generosity, I just don't see a world where we can outbid P5 teams. and there's nothing wrong with taking a P5 offer if it's a level you can play at.

Reactions: Zeeter and urfan1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT