ADVERTISEMENT

Trent Noah - 2024 Offer

Notice how he said "most notably" can hit the outside 3. If you can't hit the 3, you are way behind other guys this day and age because so many guys out there are hitting them now.

I fear we’ve lost position on Trent, just feels like too many P5 offers at this point.

And yes, I realize some guys want something different…

Five more official visits scheduled for Noah after visiting UR and Loyola as a junior.

Seton Hall: July 30
Western Kentucky: September 8
Butler: September 20
South Carolina: September 22
Saint Louis: September 28

Had this to say about his earlier visit to UR:

Richmond: “I would say Richmond’s Coaching staff stood out to me on my visit. I really like Coach (Chris) Mooney and everyone, really. They talk a lot about the versatility I bring as a player.”

Hoping to commit around October before the high school season gets underway. We've obviously got a lot of competition for him. Have to hope the Gipe family roots connection and us having been in early on him give us a leg up.

did Seton Hall count against his junior year officials? If not, someone on that list is not getting an official, right?

Eight is a rather long list. Let’s hope UR keeps making the cut. Would be great for the Giper to win the recruiting war for Trent.

Reactions: urfan1
If Mooney truly wants to build the program, he has to land at least one play of this caliber every year. We obviously have stood out to Noah, we simply have to close the deal with him. We usually get one shot at a big time player each year and this appears to be out shot. Sink it, Gipe.

Yes sman, love the looks of that. And it seems we are involved with a number of 6'6 to 6'8 guys. I'm with 97, this is our big target we have been on for a long time, let's close the deal. Noah and McGlothin both appear to have the skill to play all over the court. Robinson - hopefully will keep getting better, but already seems to have the size/motor/athleticism to be an impactful player very soon.

Reactions: spiderman
Yes sman, love the looks of that. And it seems we are involved with a number of 6'6 to 6'8 guys. I'm with 97, this is our big target we have been on for a long time, let's close the deal. Noah and McGlothin both appear to have the skill to play all over the court. Robinson - hopefully will keep getting better, but already seems to have the size/motor/athleticism to be an impactful player very soon.
Not knocking the 2 guys we have already signed, they seem like nice pick-ups. But neither has the pedigree or offer list and interest list as Noah.

Reactions: 8legs1dream
I think every school he officially visited made his final 8, lol.
maybe he's just thanking everyone for the visit with this list.

watching all the highlights, he's a fun player. feels like he'd be the 1st true scorer we've recruited since Sherod (Roche is a shooter more than a scorer). looks like his feet are much better in the more recent videos too. doesn't look 6'7" though, which is fine since I think he'd play the 2.

I like him a lot, and I think he's been our priority recruit for a long time. we have some other interesting targets, so I'm not all "Trent or bust". but yeah, he'd be a homerun.

Well - I think the first step to recruits getting NIL deals (of course, not until they step on campus) is getting some current players NIL deals and leaking or publicizing a bigger one of those deals. If word gets out one of our players has a 100K deal, then recruits hear that and think - that is something I can get. But if they hear nothing, then they think - you get nothing.

Well - I think the first step to recruits getting NIL deals (of course, not until they step on campus) is getting some current players NIL deals and leaking or publicizing a bigger one of those deals. If word gets out one of our players has a 100K deal, then recruits hear that and think - that is something I can get. But if they hear nothing, then they think - you get nothing.
doesn't have to be public. I assume it's communicated to those we're talking to regularly.

Something has to be public - that is how these kids work these days. Facebook, IG, Twitter - everything is public. And not saying we have to have specific amounts - those can be rumors, but when our kids (if they ever) get a big NIL deal - then the athletics department should be putting this on the front page of everything they can.

If we are relying on the fact that behind closed doors our coaches will tell them - then we are behind. Look at Prime at Colorado - now he is the extreme, but it shows you where college athletics is heading. Especially is our goal is to beat out P6 programs for a recruit and if we intend to keep recruits longer than 2 years. Otherwise - we can continue to recruit like its 2008, get players who are underecruited and turn out good players, and then watch them transfer up.

Something has to be public - that is how these kids work these days. Facebook, IG, Twitter - everything is public. And not saying we have to have specific amounts - those can be rumors, but when our kids (if they ever) get a big NIL deal - then the athletics department should be putting this on the front page of everything they can.

If we are relying on the fact that behind closed doors our coaches will tell them - then we are behind. Look at Prime at Colorado - now he is the extreme, but it shows you where college athletics is heading. Especially is our goal is to beat out P6 programs for a recruit and if we intend to keep recruits longer than 2 years. Otherwise - we can continue to recruit like its 2008, get players who are underecruited and turn out good players, and then watch them transfer up.
When has this ever happened? What school is putting their NIL deals out there in public on the front page of everything? We aren't behind anyone if we rely on our staff to let them know about our NIL.....we are just like every other school.

I think this is a terrible idea. You start advertising you paid a guy 100,000, then every guy you recruit would want and expect that. Why do guys need to see what others make anyway? What difference does that even make with his own situation?

as a player, I wouldn't want my finances publically released. just like as an employee I don't share my salary and bonus info with anyone except my wife.

Reactions: urfan1 and VT4700
as a player, I wouldn't want my finances publically released. just like as an employee I don't share my salary and bonus info with anyone except my wife.
Exactly. And, more pressure would come with that as well. Instead of being a "pretty good player" one day (if you didn't know his NIL), he might end up being a guy who "is not worth that much" if you did know.

When has this ever happened? What school is putting their NIL deals out there in public on the front page of everything? We aren't behind anyone if we rely on our staff to let them know about our NIL.....we are just like every other school.

I think this is a terrible idea. You start advertising you paid a guy 100,000, then every guy you recruit would want and expect that. Why do guys need to see what others make anyway? What difference does that even make with his own situation?
I'm sure players will talk amongst themselves, but yeah, I don't think publically releasing a guy's NIL deal is a good idea.

It's not like any of our guys are geting massive deals anyway. Releasing that info publicly probably wouldn't do us any favors.

Reactions: VT4700
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT