ADVERTISEMENT

Trent Noah - 2024 Offer

Noah's definitely starting to attract attention. I'm not willing to pony up for a subscription to read the article in the second tweet though.

Reactions: urfan1
This is one of those guys you have to hope we made an impression on being in early and that the Giper can close out on.

Reactions: urfan1
SLU is just an opportunity. Stanford is an "incredible" opportunity. But wait, VCU was an opportunity, but Mason was a "great" opportunity.

We are not an opportunity at all.
I'm just waiting for him to be 101% (or 1001%) committed somewhere and then change his mind.

Reactions: 8legs1dream
I feel like this is the one guy we’ve really got to land. We’ve been on him since the beginning, hoping that he gets reeled in.

Here we go...close the deal, Gipe and Moon!

If anyone's interested in seeing the type of spread we put out for recruits in their hotel rooms, check out his Instagram story before it disappears:

Last edited:
I think it goes without saying, but we really need this to happen. I know if I was on the coaching staff and kept getting no after no, I would begin feeling a bit defeated. This would be a big get for the program but would finally give us something to feel positive about.

I think it goes without saying, but we really need this to happen. I know if I was on the coaching staff and kept getting no after no, I would begin feeling a bit defeated. This would be a big get for the program but would finally give us something to feel positive about.
So, what you are saying is you could never be a coach. Coaches at every school get no after no. It's called recruiting.

We have added King, Smith, Tanner and others for this year, and you say there is nothing to feel positive about? I guess when 100% of your comments are negative, nothing will be positive to you.

We have perhaps the least talented team in the Mooney era this year. I don't see how you could argue otherwise. I'm excited for Smith and Tanner, but also cautious because we have Noyes and Walz to show from our last 2 recruiting classes and both of them are completely unknowns at this point. So, maybe Smith and Tanner are all of that and a cup of tea, but that would break precident from our most recent recruiting results.

King looks awesome but lets be real, we aren't "competing" for an NCAA this year, so he is a one year rental. The other 2 transfers are no offense to them, nothing to get super excited about.

So, yeah, we need a big recruit signing. Good heathy programs are always delivering big new recruits to their system with the understanding that not all of them will pan out, but you have to keep high end talent coming in. Noah is high end talent.

And you know what if we land him, I'm give Mooney and the Giper some props. This is what we pay them and need them to do.

Reactions: 8legs1dream
I really like this type of recruit. guard skills with handle and shooting, but size to possibly defend a big forward. land Noah and I'm on board with a 4 gurd line-up ... if we choose to call him and Tanner guards.

assuming we're done this year, we have 5 spots to fill next class and a huge frontcourt need. we have to replace Quinn, Bigelow and Harris. the only size on the roster would be Walz, Noyes and Tanner.

Reactions: VT4700
It makes me sad to think about having to say goodbye to Harris. It feels like just yesterday that we signed him, and he's provided so many great memories. One of my all-time favorite Spiders.

• Haha
Reactions: spiderman
I really like this type of recruit. guard skills with handle and shooting, but size to possibly defend a big forward. land Noah and I'm on board with a 4 gurd line-up ... if we choose to call him and Tanner guards.

assuming we're done this year, we have 5 spots to fill next class and a huge frontcourt need. we have to replace Quinn, Bigelow and Harris. the only size on the roster would be Walz, Noyes and Tanner.
King?

If he's really "one of the top prospects in the '24 class," then we can put a lid on this thread. Hopefully they meant "in the '24 class of Butler recruits." In which case we still probably lose, though.

This has been on my mind for a while and this kid is a prime example of it. If you have offers from half the A10 including the entire historical upper tier of the conference what would convince one to choose poor little ol' Richmond?
on paper just looking for the historically strongest program you might not.
but you don't decide on paper. you visit. you talk regularly with the coaches building a relationship, you get to know the guys on the team on your visit. if you're a kid who prioritizes a school's academic reputation you move UR above most. you fall in love with the campus and facilities. location may be a factor. etc ...

Reactions: kneepadmckinney
Cal with its 3 wins was the 7th highest-rated program from the UC system last year...only 33 spots behind UCSD as the Tritons continue their transition to D-I. Hard to compete with that.

Of course, one of Cal's 3 wins was over Stanford.

Well. Cal did work in the portal. New coach Mark Madsen, yes that Mark Madsen. Would you put Mooney over him in a 1:1 recruiting battle. No. And ranked #20 in US News national universities. Stanford education speaks for itself.

But hopefully he is looking to stay on east coast.

This has been on my mind for a while and this kid is a prime example of it. If you have offers from half the A10 including the entire historical upper tier of the conference what would convince one to choose poor little ol' Richmond?
small town guy may want a small school

Brief update on Noah following his Cal offer. Not tipping his hand, saying he has no front runners and is taking it slow. Scheduling some more visits in the coming months and will then make a decision.

I can't help but notice we offered at a couple of other SGs (Wooley and McGlothin) yesterday. You obviously don't want to put all your eggs in one basket and we do have at least five spots for 2024 so we can take multiple wing-types, but I wonder if we have any hints about which way Noah is leaning regarding UR.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT