ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer news

Bones is sometimes projected as early 2nd round pick and then other lists he is nowhere to be found. I don't understand the thinking behind leaving this year.

I thought a better move for him would have been to put his name in, go through the process and get feedback and come back next year - where VCU should be an A10 contender and very good chance at NCAA tourney. The lack of NCAA tourney hurt him this year and I think if he could have played and had 1 or 2 good games there - his stock would be very different.

Right now - I think he gets onto a summer league team and hopefully does well to earn a roster spot or 2 way contract with the D-League. Or he ends up in Europe - either way he will be making money, question is how much.

Just for the record, I have nothing against the kid. Seems like a very good kid who has had a lot to overcome in his life. For his sake, I hope he has a nice career and makes enough money to support his family for generations. My knock all along has been the VCU fans who thought he was a surefire lottery pick, which of course was always absurd.

Reactions: plydogg
I think had he returned to VCU - won A10 player of the year (which was a good possibility for him to repeat) and they got into the NCAA again - he had a good chance of being a first round pick.

I still think he finds his way onto a roster at some point next year, simply because he can shoot the ball from deep and on teams now, like the Nets - with your money tied up in 3 players - you need cheap shooters and bench players - and he has the potential to be that for several teams.

I think had he returned to VCU - won A10 player of the year (which was a good possibility for him to repeat) and they got into the NCAA again - he had a good chance of being a first round pick.

I still think he finds his way onto a roster at some point next year, simply because he can shoot the ball from deep and on teams now, like the Nets - with your money tied up in 3 players - you need cheap shooters and bench players - and he has the potential to be that for several teams.
How did Bones and VCU do in the tournament this year?

Have we seen any transfers from Creighton on the radar? Would think everyone would be jumping ship.

NCAA finally released with ruling on ex-assistant Murphy's role in the Christian Dawkins scandal. Penalities had already been self-imposed by Creighton...a fine, one lost scholarship for the next two years, loss of some recruiting stuff like official visits and recruiting days. No postseason ban or other harsher penalties.

NCAA finally released with ruling on ex-assistant Murphy's role in the Christian Dawkins scandal. Penalities had already been self-imposed by Creighton...a fine, one lost scholarship for the next two years, loss of some recruiting stuff like official visits and recruiting days. No postseason ban or other harsher penalties.
Got it - bad reporting when I read the first article on it at lunch time today - it referenced there was a 2-year postseason ban. Turns out just to have been terrible reporting.

although, still have the coach issue.

Got it - bad reporting when I read the first article on it at lunch time today - it referenced there was a 2-year postseason ban. Turns out just to have been terrible reporting.

although, still have the coach issue.
Can we get that guy to write about how VCU basketball just got the death penalty? 🤔

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT