ADVERTISEMENT

Top 25 Rankings/Points/Awards for Spiders & Spiders Opponents in '23-24

Week 2 Poll

AP Poll - Colorado 25th with 78 points
Coaches - Colorado 26th with 46 points
(No other opponents with any Top 25 votes after FL lost to UVA)

Colorado plays Milwaukee tomorrow for a chance to be 3-0 when we plan them on Monday,

TB/Nova at #21
JMU ranked #24 (first time every ranked) in AP Poll

Last edited:
A10 Kenpom Rankings after a week:

65. Dayton

78. Duquesne

79. Loyola Chicago

95. Richmond

98. St. Bonaventure

101. St. Joe’s

106. Davidson

111. VCU

123. George Mason

125. Saint Louis

184. URI

186. La Salle

193. GW

195. Fordham

199. UMass
This early in the season kenpom ratings are heavily weighted with his preseason estimate. This makes the ratings jump around less in the early season when there are very few games. If Richmond is significantly better than their preseason rating, it will take a while for kenpom to fully reflect that. Same goes for teams that are significantly worse than the preseason estimate.

Reactions: urfan1 and spider23
JMU being ranked is ehhhh. Great win at MSU, but needing a miracle to beat Kent State? Probably not long for the top-25, but I guess enjoy it while it lasts.

Week 3

Colorado (3-0) now at 18th in AP poll, 21 in Coaches Poll.
Florida 2 points in Coaches Poll.

JMU up to 22nd realizing we don't play them.

VCU ranked fifth based on what, beating Radford? As much as we should have beaten BC, at least they are an ACC team, and we killed the other two opponents we played. VCU got housed by McNeese State at home and barely beat Seattle there.

Have we not learned anything from the football team, we have to believe and let each game take care of itself. Collective faith is what we need to have.

Week 4

AP Poll

• Colorado 70 points at 27th
  • TB/Nova back in poll at 18th
Coaches Poll
  • Colorado 43 points at 32nd
  • Florida 1 point

Week 5

Colorado now with only 7 points in AP poll and 5 points in Coaches Poll. No other Spiders opponents with any Top 25 votes.

JMU up to 18th in AP poll.

Random group of people associated with A10 Talk. I'm surprised they still have a dozen people to call on for the poll, considering the site hasn't been able to gain much momentum other than refugees from the Bona Bandwagon.

Reactions: Section9.RowD
Random group of people associated with A10 Talk. I'm surprised they still have a dozen people to call on for the poll, considering the site hasn't been able to gain much momentum other than refugees from the Bona Bandwagon.
Yep and since Noah graduated don’t think we have any real representatives

Week 6

AP

Colorado 26th with 116 points, Dayton and St Joes each with 1 Top 25 point

Coaches

Colorado 29th

But will they fall out with their 36 point loss?
Good question - and come to think of it if we get hint of any Dayton fan jumping into the forum later this week, we may need to remove all references to the 36 pt loss EL started since I would hate to see the Flyers come out with the # 36 on all of their pregame shirts.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT