ADVERTISEMENT

The newest Spider!!!!

I feel you on that 97, I have a sneaky feeling that this year will be a turning point in positioning us to be back in the NCAA's this year and years to come. Whether our freshmen play limited or extended minutes, what they bring to practice to help the rest of the team will help make the team better.

Reactions: 97spiderfan
On Kirby, I'm glad we were able to give him a scholarship this year given the special circumstances. He seems like a good kid, as I'm sure all of our walk-ons are. However, Kirby was below Smithen on the depth chart last year and we need to give our schollies to guys who can play a more meaningful on court role than that. If he blows up this year and plays a meaningful role, than maybe that circumstances changes.

In all of our discussions about playing roles next year, I have yet to see Kirby's name come up as a guy we are looking for to play meaningful minutes.
I feel that Smithen & Kirby played different positions. I think Kirby would be a 2nd string PG in the SoCon or Big South and on scholarship.

That said, it is my opinion that we will keep looking for a final frontcourt player for 2016-2017. But we will be selective. Finding another 6'8" transfer like Wood is not out of the question.

We really need to sign another true big, 6'9" or taller, to fill in behind Paul F, having someone two classes behind would be ideal.

We really need to sign another true big, 6'9" or taller, to fill in behind Paul F, having someone two classes behind would be ideal.

We also have a lot of time to fill the last roster spot. Many teams don't have any commits for this class yet, we already have 3 great commits. I think we can take some time, preform really well this season, and try to use that to pull in another really good recruit in the spring.

Reactions: Ulla1
Can't help but think the new robins center is paying dividends. What else has changed? Go spiders

Or we have contending for a lot of good kids and narrowly missed some. Keep at it, and it'll go your way eventually. Tried to say this in years past but there is a big difference between just missing and not being in the mix. This is proof of that.

Just like injuries to critical players... eventually we'll keep a roster healthy most of the year.

Reactions: AnnapSpider
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT