ADVERTISEMENT

THE DR.s CRUTCHER

WebSpinner

Spider's Club
Gold Member
May 7, 2003
Spiders in Houston were fortunate, lucky, blessed, to have Dr. & Dr. Crutcher visit with us last evening at the HOTEL ZAZA here in H-town. my first time meeting them in person and they blew me away. we are in great hands and they are wonderful ambassadors of our university. the evening was entitled, A CONVERSATION WITH DR. CRUTCHER and after all the small talk, that is what it was and it was nice to be updated on things and discover some other morsels. of note for those on here, he spoke in such high respect of our student/athletes, their accomplishments on and off the field and how he and Betty enjoy attending games. during our personal conversation, told him that we are the same age yet i have been retired for a long time and he is out there still working. he called it passion though he cautioned he did not want to be still at it at age 88....HA. they are a delightful couple and so glad they are the face of our school all over the world. in case he has the time to read here, thanks again so much for taking the time to visit with us, very special.

Reactions: iSpider
Spiders in Houston were fortunate, lucky, blessed, to have Dr. & Dr. Crutcher visit with us last evening at the HOTEL ZAZA here in H-town. my first time meeting them in person and they blew me away. we are in great hands and they are wonderful ambassadors of our university. the evening was entitled, A CONVERSATION WITH DR. CRUTCHER and after all the small talk, that is what it was and it was nice to be updated on things and discover some other morsels. of note for those on here, he spoke in such high respect of our student/athletes, their accomplishments on and off the field and how he and Betty enjoy attending games. during our personal conversation, told him that we are the same age yet i have been retired for a long time and he is out there still working. he called it passion though he cautioned he did not want to be still at it at age 88....HA. they are a delightful couple and so glad they are the face of our school all over the world. in case he has the time to read here, thanks again so much for taking the time to visit with us, very special.

Thanks for the post Web! They are certainly great ambassadors for our University and we are very luck to have them. They have done a lot of great work thus far in their tenure.

Any notable updates that you want to share from your conversation with Dr. Crutcher? Can be regarding any aspect of the University

Glad the Houston visit went well and glad the Crutchers enjoy attending Richmond sports events. Don't know how often that happens? Spotting them in the Robins Center in either the President's suite or in the stands is rare............

student, have to remember, there was an open bar......deposits were due for the incoming class of 2018, think he said last friday or this past monday so recounted some numbers which i will most likely nuke but, about 10,000 applications for the 800 spots, avg sat 1430, lots of diversity, heavy northeast but folks from all over. funny, speaking with a parent and he was out in los angeles to visit his oldest son at ucla law school and when he walked into this building there was a big SPIDER banner up and they were out there recruiting, his next oldest is at UR. a ton on Dr. Crutcher's strategic plan, a bit on the new wellness endeavor, etc. if you receive the UR emails, probably not too much that you don't already know but just nice to hear it in person with a tad added on what the messages relay.

Reactions: KWeaver
Our academic profile has never been stronger. And like it or not (many won't), the demographics of our student body are closer to reflecting those of the entire US than at any time in school history.

The US isn't 98% white, and 80% Virginian. Neither should UR. Even if it means students don't attend football and basketball games at historical levels.

Reactions: Ulla1 and iSpider
Every visit to the UR campus, my daughter is so impressed by the diversity. Truly amazing. I am happy and proud of these efforts. As I now mentor and interact with some of these students, I can report that they are in my experience bright and really nice people. Proud of our diversity; roll spide!

Reactions: KWeaver and urfan1
Our academic profile has never been stronger. And like it or not (many won't), the demographics of our student body are closer to reflecting those of the entire US than at any time in school history.

The US isn't 98% white, and 80% Virginian. Neither should UR. Even if it means students don't attend football and basketball games at historical levels.
I see nothing wrong with a large number of Virginians being part of UR student body. The number of UR alums that are Virginians are dying off and they are not being replaced fast enough by other Virginians.

No qualified Virginian is being denied admission to the university.

Our university now has a national reach, not regional. There are smart kids in other states who realize what UR has to offer. That explains the reduction in in-state students.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT