ADVERTISEMENT

SWEEP BABY!!!

Great job, guys!

Does anyone know is our opponent next weekend, Jackonville any good?

Jax is always respectable. The series is a measuring stick, nothing more. Southern teams usually beat northern teams early in the season, so we will see how competitive we are. Looking forward to the tailgate...

Pitching has been great so far with DeMarte, Sterling and Blum as starters and Cook, Stoops and Lively in relief. A few errors have been made in the infield leding to some unerned runs during the 3 games but otherwise very good defensive effort. Bitter cold out there. .

VMI Keydets first on Tuesday at Pitt Field. Then we head south to a warmer climate and the Jax.

Made it over to Pitt for the first time this season today. If our pitching can hold together, we are going to have a very good year!

55 for a high with 15-20 mph winds in Southwest FL for the last few few days.

How do you play baseball in Richmond over the last 3 days?Talk about frozen snot....Dugout is the only place to hide.

Gotta be brutal for both teams but it may have felt pretty good for NY-S.I.based Wagner.

This post was edited on 3/3 9:09 PM by 32counter

Roll Spids!
wink.r191677.gif

These guys are playing great so far, not the greatest competition to date but they're taking business of opponents as they should. Roll, Spides, Roll!

Rutgers takes game one 5-4. That's 3 one run losses for Spiders in their four losses.

What is the word on Jonathan de Marte?

I think he has missed the last 2 weekends. I hope it is just a precaution.

Lost game 1 to Charlotte today 8-5 at home. Had one-run lead in top of ninth and reliever gave up 4 earned runs. Record now at 14-7.

think maybe it is time to get off the SWEEP BABY subject and get this more current?

Andrew Brockett got roughed up in Top of 9th.5 hits,4 ER,HR,Triple,Double,2 WP's.First appearance this year with us leading 5-4.Feel bad for the kid.He did not have a good year in 2012.Was a great pitcher in my home state of CT at North Haven High.Hopefully,he can bounce out of the funk.

This post was edited on 3/23 1:04 AM by 32counter

Brockett had a very good year last season. Yes, he did start slowly in 2012, but he was a stud at the end and closed out many tough games for us. I question how closely you followed UR baseball last season.

As for yesterday, that was Andrew's second inning of the season, as he has had some arm issues. I really like our coaching staff, but why in the world Coach Mac would put him in that situation is beyond me. I am sure that he was considering Brockett's contributions from last year, but last year was last year. Brockett is not ready for prime time yet this season, let him work into it. We had other options yesterday, least of all Harron trying to close the thing out at least for one batter in the 9th. A tough loss, but we'll bounce back.

And if you don't like the title of this thread, start a new one!!!

will try because the last sweep we were involved with was not pretty. will try and beat you guys out for today's score under a new banner.

I have absolutely no emotional attachment to UR baseball.None.Have followed it as far back as 2002.Brockett was 3-8 last year,6 saves.That's not very good.I don't make up the numbers.Sorry.

This post was edited on 3/23 2:50 PM by 32counter

You neglected to mention a 3.79 ERA, which is pretty good for an amateur reliever/closer. Also, go look at his last month of the season, then let's talk. He was nails. Id' rather finish strong than start strong and fade.

SORRY!

since only 3 current players of our 30 person roster are from the richmond area, no surprise at all.

Zak Sterling gave up only 1 hit in 6 2/3 innings of work yesterday in a 6-2 win over LaSalle. Great job! Need to get DeMarte back in the rotation and go on a run.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT