ADVERTISEMENT

Stock Market Soaring

the stock market can go up and down and will but the job market, the increase in income, the millions off food stamps, that is impressive. if you get the 500lb gorrila off of business which allows them to invest, increase pay and be more efficient, we all can win, well except for those who want more citizens dependent on government.

Amazing, join us or get the heck out of the way could produce such economic gain. Sure their are others here would disagree and reverse the prosperity realized over the last couple years. Sad.

the stock market can go up and down and will but the job market, the increase in income, the millions off food stamps, that is impressive. if you get the 500lb gorrila off of business which allows them to invest, increase pay and be more efficient, we all can win, well except for those who want more citizens dependent on government.

My stock portfolio has increased by $2.8 Million in the last 2 years.My taxes went down by $175,000 in 2018 from 2016.

I will contribute at least $100,000 to a PAC which is aimed to take down Agent Orange.A duplicitous mobster who I wouldn’t trust to take out my garbage.

Let’s get Agent Orange taxes released to the Sunshine so all those hillbillies and redneck followers choke on all the lies and BS and have those FOX empty suits come up with empty headed non-logic support for Agent Orange.

What a mistake it was for me to have voted for Agent Orange.Yes,I have collared all my stocks.

Last edited:
Reactions: VT4700
So why would you throw, a kill agent orange, tantrum if your portfolio increased $2.8MM(laughter)? Are you opposed to market gains?Give your reasoning on future increases on dumping agent orange?

So why would you throw, a kill agent orange, tantrum if your portfolio increased $2.8MM(laughter)? Are you opposed to market gains?Give your reasoning on future increases on dumping agent orange?

No tantrum.My position on Agent Orange has been well known by folks for awhile here.Ask Spinnerboy.I’ve been quiet for awhile.When I saw the title of this link,I’m gladly jumping into the fray of correcting ignorance.

Trust me.No laughing matter.The stock portfolio is but part of a total asset portfolio.

This may be all over your head.Most of the new jobs created are basically low income,low tax paying folks.Explain the deficit
and corporate tax reductions.That is likely over your head as well.Study up and learn.

Ask Agent Orange why he likes negative interest rates.

You seem like a nice person.I’m seriously wasting my time by responding to your simplistic posts.Good luck to you and all that you’re trying to accomplish.

No tantrum.My position on Agent Orange has been well known by folks for awhile here.Ask Spinnerboy.I’ve been quiet for awhile.When I saw the title of this link,I’m gladly jumping into the fray of correcting ignorance.

Trust me.No laughing matter.The stock portfolio is but part of a total asset portfolio.

This may be all over your head.Most of the new jobs created are basically low income,low tax paying folks.Explain the deficit
and corporate tax reductions.That is likely over your head as well.Study up and learn.

Ask Agent Orange why he likes negative interest rates.
You should stick to football post, but I really doubt you could explain a 32 counter play, I defer? Jobs, current tax rates are behind the curtain since the thread is about market gains which should be simple even for you. Stay in topic.

Local - your assumption is that presidential actions/policies are reflected in the stock market and thus Trump deserves lots of credit. I would argue: (1) the market responds to lots of stuff that no president can take credit for, so assigning all gains to Trump's policies is foolhardy, and (2) if you track market gain by the number of trading days since inauguration, Obama leaves Trump in the dust. Under Obama, the market was up 57.0% in the same number of trading days it has taken to increase 37.4% under Trump. Did I miss your post extolling Obama's performance? Hopefully I stayed on topic.

32, you are such a financial firecracker, the deficit is because of out of control spending which has been going on for decades. we don't even do a budget anymore, just a continuing resolution which does not allow for any prudent action in that area. also, are you still claiming that you voted for trump, what a crock. just look at your post above, you spew, parrot, all the leftist trash that every dem does and don't know one of you who voted for trump. also don't know one person who voted for trump who is unhappy with their action because he has done everything on which he ran and if you voted for that, you have to be pleased not upset which means you did not vote for him and you know it buddy.

32, you are such a financial firecracker, the deficit is because of out of control spending which has been going on for decades. we don't even do a budget anymore, just a continuing resolution which does not allow for any prudent action in that area. also, are you still claiming that you voted for trump, what a crock. just look at your post above, you spew, parrot, all the leftist trash that every dem does and don't know one of you who voted for trump. also don't know one person who voted for trump who is unhappy with their action because he has done everything on which he ran and if you voted for that, you have to be pleased not upset which means you did not vote for him and you know it buddy.

The Agent Orange tax cut contributes $1,500,000,000,000 to the deficit.

I did NOTHING and made a ton of money.The ultra rich made much much more and did NOTHING.

Significant Reductions to corporate tax rates caused stock markets to increase in values with EPS multiples following suit.

Hence,The middle income people made crumbs and wealthy made a ton of dough by doing nothing.

The farmers need big time Government subsidies to pay not only for their John Deere equipment which lies idle but also to put food on their table.

Low interest rates inflate asset value and allows Agent Orange properties to be refinanced.

Wonder how his buddies Roger Stone and Paul Manafort and Rudy Guliani did during this bonanza period.

Last edited:
Local - your assumption is that presidential actions/policies are reflected in the stock market and thus Trump deserves lots of credit. I would argue: (1) the market responds to lots of stuff that no president can take credit for, so assigning all gains to Trump's policies is foolhardy, and (2) if you track market gain by the number of trading days since inauguration, Obama leaves Trump in the dust. Under Obama, the market was up 57.0% in the same number of trading days it has taken to increase 37.4% under Trump. Did I miss your post extolling Obama's performance? Hopefully I stayed on topic.[/
Local - your assumption is that presidential actions/policies are reflected in the stock market and thus Trump deserves lots of credit. I would argue: (1) the market responds to lots of stuff that no president can take credit for, so assigning all gains to Trump's policies is foolhardy, and (2) if you track market gain by the number of trading days since inauguration, Obama leaves Trump in the dust. Under Obama, the market was up 57.0% in the same number of trading days it has taken to increase 37.4% under Trump. Did I miss your post extolling Obama's performance? Hopefully I stayed on topic.
I think you misunderstood, where did I give Trump total credit, only question why shoot the guy that has made significant changes to better the economy, unemployment, lessen government stifling regs and lower taxes?

I think you misunderstood, where did I give Trump total credit, only question why shoot the guy that has made significant changes to better the economy, unemployment, lessen government stifling regs and lower taxes?
Local - your reply is quite disingenuous since it refers to my post but doesn't even refer to it accurately. I didn't say your question implied that Trump deserves all the credit, but it's clear you think (as I wrote) that Trump deserves lots of credit. You also criticized 32 for mentioning jobs and current tax rates and then turn right around and use the same arguments. That's a serious lack of self-awareness IMO.

At any rate, you chose to ignore the objective facts I presented on market performance Obama versus Trump. There are many economists who believe that the markets would be even better were it not for the economic uncertainties - like tariffs and threatened tariffs - Trump has created.

And if you want to talk jobs, look at the statistics for job growth Obama versus Trump. You will find that - looking at a similar number of months both forward and backward from Trump's inauguration - monthly job growth under Obama was higher than it has been under Trump. And I would love for you to show me a specific regulation, repealed under Trump, that has had a demonstrably positive economic impact without an equal or higher negative impact on health or safety.

All I can think is that given your praise of Trump, you must have LOVED Obama. And if you didn't, I'd be interested in knowing why not.

Rollback of banking regulations, check it out. Hey I get it you and many others don’t like anything Trump, prefer to ignore the consumer confidence that is fueling the market. Obama gave up on improving the economy, recall the New Normal, low growth and high unemployment?

Rollback of banking regulations, check it out. Hey I get it you and many others don’t like anything Trump, prefer to ignore the consumer confidence that is fueling the market. Obama gave up on improving the economy, recall the New Normal, low growth and high unemployment?
Which specific banking regulation and what benefit was derived? I'll be happy to do the research if you can point me in a specific direction.

In September consumer confidence hit a 3-month low because of Trump's trade issues with China, and you don't seem willing to note the huge increases in the CCI under Obama. Given the situation he inherited, the 4.8% unemployment rate when Obama left office far surpasses anything Trump has done. But you have me on growth. The economy grew on average 2.33% the final three years under Obama, while under Trump it has averaged 2.46% (subject to final numbers for FY2019). But hey, that just shows that if you massively increase the deficit you can actually goose the economy a little bit. And no, I don't remember Obama giving up on improving the economy.

You're right - I don't like Trump but most of that has zero to do with the markets. For the most part, I've quit having debates with people who express views such as yours. You feel like Trump is doing a good job, but cannot acknowledge factual evidence that Obama did even better than you think Trump is doing. And by supporting Trump because you like what the markets are doing, you are tacitly supporting all sorts of behavior that no one should countenance or even ignore.

And by supporting Trump because you like what the markets are doing, you are tacitly supporting all sorts of behavior that no one should countenance or even ignore.
I don't agree with that. Talking about the stock market, don't ignore the fact that the government influences it by putting restrictions or supporting it and this can either increase the value of the companies, either decrease it. But I wouldn't judge the president of the US for that. Although the stock market is very profitable, I don't like trading on it. There are too many factors involved, both internal and external. The CFDs are closer to my soul. I'm the kind of person who takes a lower risk for a lower but sure income.
Don't know what CFDs are and how they work? Click here to find out or find more.

Last edited:
Whatever, new market high today. If you want to thank Obama okay with me.

We should not only thank Obama, but we also need to find someone on which to pin the blame. So who might that be?
But more importantly, how is your 401K holding out?

Here's what Trump tweeted in reference to Obama who had turned the market around after the 2008 debacle:

DVTfP-8XcAEm10T

And then it was Trump's turn:
Stocks on Track For Worst Drop Since 2008: Live Updates

Shares of oil companies and banks are cratering.
New York Times, March 9, 2020, @ 3:00 P.M.

But it gets worse:

1583765384763.jpg

api.asp

Last week was no picnic for market investments:

106415838-158292405668120200228_dow_daily_drops_market_close.png

Oh my 401K is taking a hit, but no worries. Would never sell with the market falling, check back in a couple months, not my first market crash. BTW, thank Obama or whoever you want to blame, but great time to buy, reason you should always keep a stack on the sidelines when opportunities arrive.

Last edited:
Reactions: SpiderRick
Local - if you don't understand that I was calling into question the very premise of your question, I can't help you.

BTW - I'm now going to quote your post of November 15, 2019:

"Our retirement, 401K, and stock portfolios are making hay! Who should we thank?"

Even Nostradamus would find your post ironic.

I
Oh forgive me, weren’t you giving all credit to Obama? Quoting stats? Surprised that you would even repose the thread. Give it a break dude, after the media hype the market will rebound. I trust you are a millennial? Grow up, gain wisdom.

I
Oh forgive me, weren’t you giving all credit to Obama? Quoting stats? Surprised that you would even repose the thread. Give it a break dude, after the media hype the market will rebound. I trust you are a millennial? Grow up, gain wisdom.
Dude - I'm on Medicare. You might want to check your powers of perception. You also should check your reading comprehension. Literally the first point I made was that the market moves to lots of factors that have nothing to do with any president.

And pardon me for providing statistics - you seem to be allergic to facts since you ignore the ones I cite and provide none of your own.

Who said anything about the president . Forgive me, that was you thanking the no nothing Obama.

204/5 I am also on Medicare, UR 72, different political agendas, no problem, but always Spiders. Agree?

Dude - I'm on Medicare. You might want to check your powers of perception. You also should check your reading comprehension. Literally the first point I made was that the market moves to lots of factors that have nothing to do with any president.

And pardon me for providing statistics - you seem to be allergic to facts since you ignore the ones I cite and provide none of your own.
So you posted my comments were ignorant, apparently I cannot read, and I have no power of perception, damn dementia. BTW, The market jumped 1600 point for one reason. Better luck next time. Thanks

Local Spider, whether you personally are black, white or green, why do you have such an
offensive icon with your web name?
I realize it’s not new, but I just find it reprehensible.
Our Moderator, who is so quick to pull the trigger on some people, has let this continue.
That I don’t understand-

Local Spider, whether you personally are black, white or green, why do you have such an
offensive icon with your web name?
I realize it’s not new, but I just find it reprehensible.
Our Moderator, who is so quick to pull the trigger on some people, has let this continue.
That I don’t understand-
Sorry that you find it offensive, you are a great Spider, so sorry to offend and I will change, as soon as my old mind can do so.

Test, no offensive icon? I will find one different, the icon is a photo of a fan doll purchased from the UR bookstore.

Icon, view from my bay house? Relaxing,no?

Last edited:
Test, no offensive icon? I will find one different, the icon is a photo of a fan doll purchased from the UR bookstore.

I’m sorry, maybe I’m being too sensitive. And I have no idea what a “fan doll” is. But,
I was expressing how I felt about it. I appreciate that you changed it- thank you!
[great view on the bay!]

Great view, so when the restrictions are lifted, when can the posters come down to enjoy it first hand? ;)

I’m sorry, maybe I’m being too sensitive. And I have no idea what a “fan doll” is. But,
I was expressing how I felt about it. I appreciate that you changed it- thank you!
[great view on the bay!]
Hey no worries, that was an ugly avatar. BTW, I assume you live in or near Annapolis? Traveled all over for many years. My favorite town was Annapolis during the sailboat show, no contest. Worked a two year project in Baltimore, but rented a house at the confluence of the Severna and the Magothy, beautiful and unforgettable. Partied and dinnered every night in Annapolis, cannot remember the names, Middletons?, St Anthonies, etc in the 1970s so many memory issues. Rented the house for 24 months, two guys, 5 twenty year old gals, we acted liked big brothers, but went to Annapolis every night. Local branch bank financed sailboats, knew dealers, so many late evening sailboat cruises. Beautiful location.

Great view, so when the restrictions are lifted, when can the posters come down to enjoy it first hand? ;)
Any time, we had a few UR guys pass away recently, football players names you would recognize. Fortunately two UR cheerleaders are still here as a few other UR grads and law school grads that stop by occasionally. But seriously, I would enjoy hosting a day on the bay with posters. Amazingly different agendas disappear, particularly politics, when meeting face to face. How fun if we wore name tags with our poster names? Is your idea too far fetched, or can we try to make this happen?

I wasn't really being serious, but I like the idea. If enough would be willing to commit it might be fun. The best success we've had in the past is to have a location at away events, I believe that most posters that attend have their personal family/group events..

Hey no worries, that was an ugly avatar. BTW, I assume you live in or near Annapolis? Traveled all over for many years. My favorite town was Annapolis during the sailboat show, no contest. Worked a two year project in Baltimore, but rented a house at the confluence of the Severna and the Magothy, beautiful and unforgettable. Partied and dinnered every night in Annapolis, cannot remember the names, Middletons?, St Anthonies, etc in the 1970s so many memory issues. Rented the house for 24 months, two guys, 5 twenty year old gals, we acted liked big brothers, but went to Annapolis every night. Local branch bank financed sailboats, knew dealers, so many late evening sailboat cruises. Beautiful location.
I feel blessed to live in a town where I often feel I’m on vacation by just going downtown.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT