ADVERTISEMENT

State of our program

BSHSpider15

Rookie
Jan 14, 2019
I was reading an article I came across online about umass football. Our situation is starting to sound kind of similar to ours. They haven't had a mediocre coach for 14 years but instead have had several since they moved up to FBS. It was a terrible move for them and they never should've left the CAA and moved up their football team. They used to be a very successful fcs team with a proud fan base as many of us would know. Yes I know the situations are different with them being a large state school and UR being a small private school and it being different sport but again there is one big similarity that I fear. Umass fans have become completely disinterested with football and that has carried over to other sports too. They have become disinterested because the school seems to just want to make money at the FBS level by playing "buy games" and doesn't seem too interested in winning, just competing. That is where I see UR headed. We have an administration that just wants to compete and graduate or guys and that's it. There is no commitment to winning and to me that has clearly been stated because Mooney is still here. I have become disinterested, and I know a large group that my dad I used to go to games with have become disinterested. I know a lot of you have become disinterested. Like I have said before, when I come home I don't even think about going to UR games anymore because it isn't fun. Unfortunately I see us headed towards the path that Umass football, Rutgers football and basketball, as well as Uconn football have all been stuck on. That path is a path of perpetual losing and no fan interest or support. There is only one way to change this and we all know what that is. If Mooney is still here at the end of the season that will tell me all I need to know about what the school values. And if that is the case I will never support UR again.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT