ADVERTISEMENT

Spiders vs Blue Devils - Fri 2:30

The ladies really could return everyone of significance - minus VanArsdale, and that would be a good sign for this program to make a repeat appearance. It will be interesting to see what happens, but something to keep an eye on. This is where the NIL money could really come to good use for the women's team.

Reactions: urfan1
The ladies really could return everyone of significance - minus VanArsdale, and that would be a good sign for this program to make a repeat appearance. It will be interesting to see what happens, but something to keep an eye on. This is where the NIL money could really come to good use for the women's team.
And add Camden?

Possibly - but I was assuming she would not return. This past year was her extra year, but she was injured. So sure she could get a waiver (if needed) and get a 6th year, but was not sure if she considered that.

But ultimately - the coaches probably need to know soon who is returning or not, so they can hit the portal. With our NCAA appearance, we might be a good team to join for a return next season.

Ryan and Lewandowski are in the portal, looking to use their fifth years elsewhere.

I can see Kylee entering, she didn't play much. But Ryan - I think she led the league in 3 point shooting. But maybe she wants to play closer to home for her final year. Maybe Syracuse - they just gave UCONN a close game in the NCAA.

Reactions: gcarter52
Possibly - but I was assuming she would not return. This past year was her extra year, but she was injured. So sure she could get a waiver (if needed) and get a 6th year, but was not sure if she considered that.

But ultimately - the coaches probably need to know soon who is returning or not, so they can hit the portal. With our NCAA appearance, we might be a good team to join for a return next season.
From her work on Spider TV, I got the impression that she wants to play st Richmond next year.

From her work on Spider TV, I got the impression that she wants to play st Richmond next year.
Just saw VT womens coach is heading to Kentucky. Any chance Roussell gets a call from VA Tech? Doubt he is top of their list, but would not be surprised if he is on their list somewhere.

That’s too bad. She didn’t get a ton of minutes and her stats weren't great, but Roussell praised her contributions several times throughout the season. Thought she had potential.

Grace is a bad one and strange. She is already playing in her hometown, and if this team could stick together, they could make another run and be UR women's hoops legends.

Does the fact a program, UR or others, have a good amount of transfers after a successful season show as a good thing, bad thing, or neither.

Good - in that these players really showed how good they can be, and now taking advantage of the chance to move up.
Bad - is something going on behind the scenes we don't know about and these players maybe didn't get along together or with the coaches.
Neutral - means nothing, with the portal now - expect to lose 2-4 players every year - whether its a good season or not.

Yeah, not sure. Chemistry didn't seem to be an issue.

Fifth-year players seem prone to transferring even if they're in a good situation. Not sure if it's just wanting something different and maybe trying to see if they can succeed at a higher level in their final go-around, or maybe they want something we don't offer out of a grad program.

I took some of the bench players entering the portal as a sign we might be bringing back the likes of Addie and Grace, with others seeing too much of a logjam in front of them. But apparently not the case with Grace at least (she could still elect to return though).

Fingers crossed haven't seen some of the top younger players like Doogan and Ullstrom trying to get out. That seems to be a good sign for Roussell and the program overall.

But yeah, would have loved to see this group run it back as much as possible.

Reactions: GKiller and urfan1
We have three freshmen coming in plus Jada Green who has been rehabbing an ACL. We are definitely going to have to bring in some more from the portal. I'd be surprised if Anna Camden sticks around but I have nothing to base that on.

Isn't this year five for Coach R? Maybe the players suspect (or know) he's leaving for a bigger name school.

Isn't this year five for Coach R? Maybe the players suspect (or know) he's leaving for a bigger name school.

good point, could be reason to get their names in portal right away. Could be unrelated too, and hopefully Roussell is staying, but until the coaching carousel concludes we don't know.

Roussell has brought better freshman class every year. Look at Doogan and Ullstrom
who had strong sophomore years. Those leaving could be seeing reduced playing time
due to who is coming in.

Roussell has brought better freshman class every year. Look at Doogan and Ullstrom
who had strong sophomore years. Those leaving could be seeing reduced playing time
due to who is coming in.
I could see that for some - but no way for Grace. She was a starter and first team all league. She must be thinking moving up and maybe looking for some pro looks?

Ryan I understand - she is a shooter, had a good year - and while she could come back, her services will be well coveted by bigger name programs. 47% from 3 point land - any program in the country will take that, even if its coming off the bench for a spark.

I could see that for some - but no way for Grace. She was a starter and first team all league. She must be thinking moving up and maybe looking for some pro looks?

Ryan I understand - she is a shooter, had a good year - and while she could come back, her services will be well coveted by bigger name programs. 47% from 3 point land - any program in the country will take that, even if its coming off the bench for a spark.
Trap I am referring to the non seniors leaving like Mwanza and Rogers, who got limited playing time. By the way Rogers comes from a very small town located near the SW corner of NC near the GA and TN border. She may be looking towards somewhere like UT Chattanooga or ETSU or even App State or Western Carolina. Just somewhere closer to home with student base that is more regionally based.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT