ADVERTISEMENT

Soccer Player's Family Donates 5 million to....

I agree it was mentioned before, but the article did say he went to DePauw: "It would be inappropriate for me to comment on any particular student situation," Ayers wrote. "We've all seen and benefited from generous donors and recognize how important private philanthropy is in advancing institutions of higher education, and I commend Mr. Reavis on his generosity to this alma mater."

I thought it was a well written article and I commend the reporter for their work.

Originally posted by Spiders05:
This was mentioned on here a while back. The article completely failed to mention that Mr. Reavis WENT to DePauw....

This is a non-story in my opinion.
I know zero about this situation but this seems like a key fact that seems to be glanced over pretty easily.

Fan, a quote from Ayers that obviously can be easily overlooked (since I did it), hardly can be recognized as providing all the facts. Here's another fact it doesn't mention in the article - Reavis is on the board of Trustees at DePauw.

Photo, it's pretty easy to say he was going to donate $5 million to UR, but impossible to prove. If I recall, the program did a fantastic job of organizing VERY quickly and raised ~$3 million in a matter of a couple of weeks. I feel like if he had the capital (which I'm assuming he did since this donation was a recent announcement), that would have been a great time to step forward.

Again, this is a non-story.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT