ADVERTISEMENT

Robins Center PR machine on a roll now-that's what I'm talkin about....

like the 12PM start time...opens up the possibility of getting there before highways in the area gridlock...

also creates possibility for hash brown casserole for the pregame celebration...

Go Spiders!

National TV vs a Big 10 team. Thats a great oportunity for our program.

I was having a discussion with several very strong and well informed Spider faithful in the last several days and the consensus was that we do a poor job of promoting our programs. I know this was the subject of a thread earlier, but we couldn't see an effort to promote that we could be proud of, or even recognize. Has anyone had a similar discussion with Keith or David? If so would you share your thoughts? It looks to me that our department thinks posting on the school website and getting an occasional article in the RTD is enough of an effort. I don't see how that will ever build a broad base of support. If I'm wrong let me know how -- but I will say if I am wrong, I'm not alone in my thoughts.

I don't see that working for several reasons. First thing that has to happen is the acknowledgment there is a problem.

Anyone with higher level business management experience would make it work seamlessly.Agree that there needs to be an acknowledgement that there is a problem.That's fundamental to change.A guy like Jasmonn has to know what's going on but he is a loyal lieutenant.

Last edited:
I assume the football program is the biggest athletic expense the University AD covers each year...

I have little background in business analysis, but I would think since it's probably the AD's biggest cost that it would be important to try to generate the biggest possible return (revenue) on the investment...more aggressive and/or effective marketing would seem to be an obvious way to do this...

not sure if there is a different team of marketers for basketball, but even at this typically quiet time of the year for b-ball we are getting players bios, video snippets of practice etc....not so much for football and single game tickets for season ticket holders are on sale...

puzzling?

Go Spiders!

The Spider Gang Group Facebook Page
https://www.facebook.com/groups/127760237246257/

just talking dollars and cents, not sure what any ad campaign is going to do to bring in any substantial revenue. we spend millions, tv is the only area where we could make millions but that is not going to happen at this level. now, if you are just talking about visibility, certainly a different animal, though we are not trying to fill some huge stadium or something. to me the only thing we can do is win and make the newspapers and local tv and radio cover us a lot, same with basketball or any sport. we are not going to make money with our revenues (ticket sales, tv, etc.) just not there, have to be contributions to the SPIDER CLUB.

^^Completely agree. At the end of the day, we're talking about trying to move a total of about 7000-8000 tickets over the course of 5 Saturdays. It's a revenue stream of roughly 150k. How many people in Central VA are sitting around waiting for a TV ad in July to tell them to take some action in October?

Big difference between marketing and promoting. Sorry some of you are missing my point.

agree relatively speaking in terms of # of tickets and revenue in question, but no longer being able to fill The Brick House consistently is a problem in my mind...

single game tickets are on sale now for season ticketholders...I think I got an e-mail advising me of this and maybe saw something on FB or Twitter...don't need expensive full page ads, or TV spots...just need to try something different to help keep the Brick House full...

If they can sell all the tickets in August, or after the season starts, that will be impressive, but have we been able to do it the last couple of years? I could be wrong, but I don't think so....

it will be extra important this year with the new President sizing things up on his largest athletic investment...

Go Spiders!

Not to oversimplify the solution but we need to be more proactive and less reactive. We have had some changes in staff and I am not sure they are good changes.

Reactions: CarolinaSpider
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT