ADVERTISEMENT

March 13, 2011 - The Pinnacle of A-10 Success

mojo-spider

Team Manager
Gold Member
Dec 31, 2010

Kevin Anderson leads the Spiders to a convincing 67-54 win over Dayton...Richmond wins it first A-10 Tournament Championship in its 10th season in the conference...the Sunday PM game is televised nationally on CBS with Verne Lundquist on the call...Anderson was Tournament MVP and was joined on the All-Tournament Team by Justin Harper...UR was headed on to the NCAA Tournament...

it was quite an afternoon for Spiders fans still on a celebration high from the win over Temple the previous round...we did the best we could to keep up with the Dayton fans who probably outnumbered us, but as the outcome of the game began to become apparent they just faded away,,,,

the amateur video does no justice to the game action, but the post game awards ceremony is pretty good stuff,,,

not many Richmond fans could have imagined that this was it...our last A-10 Championship and appearance in the Championship game!...it's sad for UR alumni, fans and the University that all the unity, enthusiasm and good will that an A-10 Championship and accompanying NCAA bid provides has been missing for eleven seasons so far...

however, I feel the saddest for all of the great players who have passed through the Robins Center without a whiff of an A-10 Tournament Championship...they deserved better...if ever there was a logical time for a change it is now...

don't get me wrong, I will be pulling for the "Super Seniors" and Spiders to run the table this weekend to an unlikely Championship...then RVA and America will be talking about UR on Sunday afternoon rather then Longwood!

Go Spiders!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT