ADVERTISEMENT

@ Rhode Island 1/25

On the flip side, I will say...whatever is causing this pretty much every-game occurrence of getting down by double-digits, it needs to stop yesterday. We cannot keep coming out so clueless night after night and expect to just come back and win. It's befuddling that with so much experience and at least a decent level of talent this keeps happening.

On the flip side, I will say...whatever is causing this pretty much every-game occurrence of getting down by double-digits, it needs to stop yesterday. We cannot keep coming out so clueless night after night and expect to just come back and win. It's befuddling that with so much experience and at least a decent level of talent this keeps happening.
Eight is Enough, this is spot on.

Yes raises the very obvious question of why do we not play with the intensity we showed at the end of the Rhody game for the entire game every game? Continually rotate players in and out to keep the intensity going...........

Yes raises the very obvious question of why do we not play with the intensity we showed at the end of the Rhody game for the entire game every game? Continually rotate players in and out to keep the intensity going...........
Rhode Island choked on their own anxiety and mindset. They blew a 15-point lead in their previous game and lost. The leftover doubt (hit to confidence) caused an internal lack of certainty that got worse and worse as the lead shrank and the clock ran down. You could see panic and indecisiveness all over their body language, AND their play.

By the last 5-minutes, Rhode Island was so bad that a decent rec team would have embarrassed them. You know what happens when a shark smells blood. In this case, the Spiders were the shark. Bottom line, the Spider shark was fueled by a horrible Ram performance. The fact that it was the 2nd time in 2-games for Rhode Island was too much for them to handle, and they collapsed.

Found it ironic - RI fade was like a Mooney coached team. Hand the opponent their butt in first half, then they come out of locker room full throttle on D and rebounding and seize victory. Seen this scenario topple our Spiders too many times over years. Nice to see it in reverse. Hope lessons were learned.

I will continue to say, with many other better options first, please Matt, only attempt the 3PTA late in the clock. That said what a stat line for Grace. I mean 10 points, 2-2 FT, 2 assists, 1 block and the biggest like for me was 4 offensive rebounds.

Looks so confident and relaxed when on the court. Who would have thought (not me for sure) 4 years ago Matt would have a key reserve role for Mooney while Sal unfortunately has become an invisible member of the team.

As a team, we're shooting 28% from three in A-10 play. Apparently we have no good options from long-range. Our best are Goose and Crab at 33.3% but only 6 attempts apiece. Gilly at 32.6% is our best with any significant volume. 🤮

Reactions: urfan1
Glad Goose is starting.................Burton is .412 from three in all games and Randolph is 1 of 2 at .500

As a team, we're shooting 28% from three in A-10 play. Apparently we have no good options from long-range. Our best are Goose and Crab at 33.3% but only 6 attempts apiece. Gilly at 32.6% is our best with any significant volume. 🤮
Hey now, we are at 28.1% (last in A-10), at least VCU is shooting only 40.9% from three (first in A-10!!!)...

We are 43.5% overall but 28.1% in A-10? o_O

Last edited:
Reactions: 8legs1dream
Hey now, we are at 28.1% (last in A-10), at least VCU is shooting only 40.9% from three (first in A-10!!!)...

We are 43.5% overall but 28.1% in A-10? o_O
Not sure where you're seeing the 43.5%. We're 33.7% from three for the season.

I will continue to say, with many other better options first, please Matt, only attempt the 3PTA late in the clock.
I think he's a pretty good shooter on open shots. I'll let a good shooter take an open 3 at any time. the percentages on 3 pointers late in the clock is very bad.

Reactions: Zeeter
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT