ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Hey SF

Lucky you guys. All the things we had to do and get punished for not doing are now acceptable rules; dolphin kick on br;turning over and not having to touch wall on bk. When I was 10 or thereabouts the "japanese" flip (and we had to touch the wall with one hands on a free flip turn until I was 9)-where you would flip on your back as you approach the wall, and flip backward onto your stomach to push off.

My favorite punishment is coming on deck late for a rare Sat morning practice after a hard Friday night and Norris looking at us calmly as he said, "4000 IM," which of course we did.

I think Doc C theorized about hypoxic to increase o2 carrying capacity. I am now reading research that has shot this down. Still saw distance swimmers (probably more women than men) at trials bilateral breathing, not quite breath holding but not breathing every stroke either.

Yeah Phelps breaths every stroke on fly, but look at his under waters. Try that some time where you are going balls to the wall, hit your turn, do 4-6 underwater dolphin kicks and come up. The training goes on, but just different methods.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT