ADVERTISEMENT

Cayo and Gilly reuniting?

SFspidur

Spider's Club
Gold Member
May 5, 2003
Gilly's obviously busy with the parent club right now, but Cayo has been selected to the Hustle's training camp roster. Potentially a long shot given he's coming from the tryout path rather than any sort of team rights, but you never know!

Last edited:
they just put out "new" song through AI.
Not sure if you know the story of how this song came about, but it’s really quite fascinating. It wasn’t made, written, or recorded using AI (as some/many news outlets have reported).

The “new” song was from a cassette tape John Lennon recorded in 79. It was given to Paul, George, and Ringo years after John was murdered. In 95 all 3 living (at the time) Beatles got together before they released Anthology. They wanted to record 3 “new” songs from John’s tapes to release on it. At the time they only had the technology to do 2, Free As A Bird and Real Love.

For Now and Then they were unable to extract John’s vocals from the original tape without the piano coming through, so they scrapped it and haven’t been able to do anything with it since. Recently, AI technology was able to extract the vocals without also pulling in the piano. Paul and Ringo got together and recorded their parts while using John’s original vocals & piano while using the guitar track George had cut in 95.

So AI was involved in the form of pulling the original vocal, but it’s not an “AI song”. Every part of it is recorded with real voices and instruments.

I grew up in just about a Beatles-only household. If you take my Richmond passion and multiply it by 10 you’re only a couple percent of the way to how I feel about them.

AI technology was able to extract the vocals without also pulling in the piano.
I don't think you can even call this AI technology. Peter Jackson and his crew developed the tech working on "Get Back". there have been ways to isolate (or suppress) different components from a sound track for a long time, but none that did a good enough job until now. it's still John's voice. nothing artificial.

Reactions: plydogg
Not sure if you know the story of how this song came about, but it’s really quite fascinating. It wasn’t made, written, or recorded using AI (as some/many news outlets have reported).

The “new” song was from a cassette tape John Lennon recorded in 79. It was given to Paul, George, and Ringo years after John was murdered. In 95 all 3 living (at the time) Beatles got together before they released Anthology. They wanted to record 3 “new” songs from John’s tapes to release on it. At the time they only had the technology to do 2, Free As A Bird and Real Love.

For Now and Then they were unable to extract John’s vocals from the original tape without the piano coming through, so they scrapped it and haven’t been able to do anything with it since. Recently, AI technology was able to extract the vocals without also pulling in the piano. Paul and Ringo got together and recorded their parts while using John’s original vocals & piano while using the guitar track George had cut in 95.

So AI was involved in the form of pulling the original vocal, but it’s not an “AI song”. Every part of it is recorded with real voices and instruments.

I grew up in just about a Beatles-only household. If you take my Richmond passion and multiply it by 10 you’re only a couple percent of the way to how I feel about them.
that was the report I heard, but with more detail.

Good chance he gets some time. With all the Grizz injuries, seems like Gilly and Vince are staying up with the parent club for now. (GG was sent down to the Hustle last week.)

So that should leave only 11 guys available to the Hustle. Not sure if there are any injuries among that group either.

Hustle up 9 on Rio Grande Valley through three quarters after the Vipers had a desperation three at the buzzer waved off upon review. Hustle have gone 9-deep so far, and unfortunately Nate hasn't gotten into the game.

Cayo didn't get on the floor last night in the Hustle win, but he did get 15 minutes off the bench in a 134–117 loss to RGV tonight. 4 points on 2-for-4 shooting (both misses were from deep), plus a couple of boards and an assist, but two turnovers. His +/- of -1 was second best on the team.

Reactions: urfan1
Cayo still struggling to make an impact...only 7 minutes on the floor today with 0-for-3 shooting as OKC came from behind to nip the Hustle, 129–127.

Hustle are struggling this season so far at 1–3, but not too surprising considering Gilly and Vince are up with the Grizz full-time for the moment.

Cayo was waived by the Hustle a few days ago, and Gilly has been sent down and is playing tonight.

I failed to note in this thread that Nate got cut by the Hustle again after just a few days, but he's back in the G League! Signed with the Ontario (California, not Canada) Clippers. Got 2 minutes of action in Monday's win over Iowa and had a couple of boards and one missed shot.

Despite the Clippers putting up 146 points last night to win by 38 over Iowa last night, Nate only got 3 minutes of floor time and didn't register any stats. Here's hoping he's able to get some more time for plydogg, but I'm sure he's near the end of the pecking order until/unless he makes some noise.

Nate still shows on the roster for the Ontario Clippers, but only got a handful of minutes on the floor in two games early this month, and now he's headed to the other Ontario...joining the Niagara River Lions in the CEBL.

Reactions: UR80sfan and urfan1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT