ADVERTISEMENT

Predictions: A10 bids, Spider finish, all A10 Spiders

sdspider

Team Manager
Nov 19, 2003
I was just thinking during this long off-season about the state of the A10 and how the spiders will fare this year in team and individual accomplishments. Please chime in with your "expert" picks, would love to hear everyone's opinions.

I haven't read up on all the A-10 teams for next year but would happy to end up with around five bids if all goes well.
Rhode Island, Dayton, Davidson, and 2 of 3 out of Richmond, VCU, GW. Don't know about St. Joe and if they will be that much improved but they have an NBA talent on their team they can build around.
I am in for the Spiders to be NCAA at-large material, but we will see how the team gels with the open guard position and if the vets improve on their games this offseason.

I'm predicting the Spiders finish fourth this season, although I'd like to put them higher of course. In actuality I don't care as long as we make the tourney. Let's get this monkey off our backs.

As for all A10 selections, if all goes well I could see 2-3 all A10 players in Cline, Allen, and Shawndre. And maybe one of frosh guards steps up to become a rookie player of the year. If all these things materialize on paper you would think we would be near the top of the A10 and definitely in the running for a bid.

Seems like so far most of the pundits have us under the radar and middle of the pack. Go Spiders!

I was just thinking during this long off-season about the state of the A10 and how the spiders will fare this year in team and individual accomplishments. Please chime in with your "expert" picks, would love to hear everyone's opinions.

I haven't read up on all the A-10 teams for next year but would happy to end up with around five bids if all goes well.
Rhode Island, Dayton, Davidson, and 2 of 3 out of Richmond, VCU, GW. Don't know about St. Joe and if they will be that much improved but they have an NBA talent on their team they can build around.
I am in for the Spiders to be NCAA at-large material, but we will see how the team gels with the open guard position and if the vets improve on their games this offseason.

I'm predicting the Spiders finish fourth this season, although I'd like to put them higher of course. In actuality I don't care as long as we make the tourney. Let's get this monkey off our backs.

As for all A10 selections, if all goes well I could see 2-3 all A10 players in Cline, Allen, and Shawndre. And maybe one of frosh guards steps up to become a rookie player of the year. If all these things materialize on paper you would think we would be near the top of the A10 and definitely in the running for a bid.

Seems like so far most of the pundits have us under the radar and middle of the pack. Go Spiders!
Spiders should finish in first place in the A10. Terry and TJ will be first team all A10; Shawndre second team. Both Jesse and Julian have outstanding freshman years making them co-A10 Freshmen of the year. Marshall Wood will be a beast and outstanding scorer while Josh Jones will light up the scoreboard on an intermittent basis. As a #5 seed, the Spiders make it to the Elite Eight only to lose to the eventual champion Duke. Bet the ranch!

Ulla great answer I like the "belief". Let's infuse that into the kids. Then we only need to worry about how our talent stacks up against others. Shawndre becomes a KA, Allen becomes a Harper, and Cline becomes a Geriot on steroids. Sweet sixteen here we come...

I say 3rd in A10--no one on 1st team with scoring and stats spread out, but Cline/Allen and SJones all on the 2nd team. Jesse P makes the all-rookie team.

I could care less about predictions. I can't wait for season to start. I will take it a game at a time. Hoping for a great season, but I will wait till we actually play the games.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT