ADVERTISEMENT

Practice

urfan1

Jan 9, 2003
went to practice today and was impressed with the staff. Seemed to me much more individual training of techniques today than I have seen since DC. Really liked the blocking drills he used. I felt they had a way to teach without breaking down, hard line to draw in the sand. Way to early to say but Strauss appears to be the best passer at this point. Missed very fes passes whereas the others were not on the money any where as frequently. I understand staff has a rule no cussing. Rocco was more of an observer, taking notes, would jump in every now and then. One BIG coaching point, Rocco ended practice early. Don't think he planned to do it, but when running plays, looked like the D was to wrap up but no tackles. Howell hit one receiver hard, kind of hit you hear in the stands. Really energized the D, they were jumping around and excited. Not the first O player came to their teammate as he lay on the ground. When he got up he staggered back to the O side. Still no teammate came to him. Rocco blew up! Called the team together. O D, everyone, he started talking about how important team was, that these guys on the theam were the most important people in your lives. That culture had to change, how could you risk injuring your teammate in a practice, you needed to protect the health of your teammates, they were all you had. And how could you not go to your teammate that also suffered a big hit. He said culture needed to change, that culture had givent them a record of 3-8, and that culture would not continue. Then he dismissed the team.

There were 3 Jrs there to watch practice today. Two bigger guys, not huge, maybe D linemen, one smaller much more physical looking guy from Grafton (his shirt). I would guess he was a LB, maybe and RB or DB.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News