ADVERTISEMENT

Opponent Tracker

Terrible loss by GMU to a shorthanded GW squad, though Mason was coming off a long pause, so not surprising they may have been a little out of sync.
Is it correct that GMU was without their leading scorer and GW without 3 starters?

Yeah, Oduro was out with an injury, while GW was missing Adams, Lindo, and Brown, all also due to injuries.

A team that blows us out of the gym is now 1-3 in conference play.

It sure feels like all teams "get good" against the Spiders then proceed to lose almost immediately after. It would be interesting to see what the combined record of teams on our schedule is after they play Richmond, or perhaps just in the next couple games post Richmond. Idk I gave up on the opponent tracker a long time ago so I can't say I've paid close enough attention but sure feels that way.

Our opponent tracker has come down to VCU again. Rooting against VCU. Same as it ever was. Fun times.

& VCU beats Davidson tonight. Mortal lock. One, that is what VCU does. Two, see the history above.

It sure feels like all teams "get good" against the Spiders then proceed to lose almost immediately after. It would be interesting to see what the combined record of teams on our schedule is after they play Richmond, or perhaps just in the next couple games post Richmond. Idk I gave up on the opponent tracker a long time ago so I can't say I've paid close enough attention but sure feels that way.

Our opponent tracker has come down to VCU again. Rooting against VCU. Same as it ever was. Fun times.

& VCU beats Davidson tonight. Mortal lock. One, that is what VCU does. Two, see the history above.

If VCU is victorious it will be because we provided them with superb game film to study.

Mooney wins again!

Utah State won four in a row after beating us.
Drake lost three in a row after beating us.
Maryland lost three in a row after beating us.
Mississippi State won one and then lost two in a row after beating us.
St. Joe’s lost three in a row after beating us.
St. Louis won, lost, then won after beating us.

So, half the teams that beat us immediately lost three in a row afterwards. They are collectively 6-12 in their three games immediately after playing us.

Last year:
WVU went 1-2 after beating us.
Hofstra went 2-3 after beating us.
SBU won 6 in a row after beating us.
LaSalle went 1-6 after beating us.
VCU went 1-2 after beating us.
SLU went 2-2 after beating us.
St. Joe's went 1-1 after beating us.
Duquesne went 0-1 after beating us.
Mississippi State went 1-1 after beating us.

Those teams collectively went 12-11 in their next three games (or fewer, in some cases, at the end of the year) after beating us.

Last edited:
Reactions: GKiller
Dayton with a big win over the Bonnies. Young team that keeps getting better. Better hope Spiders catch them on an off night - they have been inconsistent.

Rhode Island survives at home against La Salle in an ugly, ugly game, 56–54.

And St. Joe’s cruised over GW, 72–61.

UNI just lost in OT against a bad Valpo team…Green was out with COVID.

Mississippi State lost to Florida, NC State had a big comeback against VT but fell, and Bucknell unsurprisingly got run out of the gym by Colgate. Drake is down 5 at the half to Bradley. Wofford did beat The Citadel though.

Amazing that only Mississippi State and Utah State amounted to anything from our OOC schedule. Not amazing that we lost to them both.

Reactions: 8legs1dream
Gave up 54 second half points...that's really hard to do, especially against UMass and especially when they only made seven threes in the whole game.

Reactions: plydogg
SLU barely hung on at #75, while UMass just missed climbing to Q3 at #161. Mississippi State ticked back up to #49, so we're actually 0–2 against Q1 at the moment.

(VCU jumped six spots to #68...seems like nobody is better at moving up without playing.)

Reactions: Eight Legger
Yep, but at #162, they are on the cusp of being a Q3.

(Maryland is our only current Q3 loss.)

0-2 Q1
2-3 Q2
4-1 Q3
5-1 Q4

Remove the Q3 and Q4 loss and you could possibly convince yourself that we are slightly in the at large conversation rather than just pretending that we are in it like some people in the program and on the boards do.
We can’t convince ourselves because we’ve watched this team all year. We need to put together a long win streak before anything like this should be discussed. And you know I’m optimistic about our spiders!

Long winning streaks simply do not happen with Mooney as coach. I think we’ve had three of 7-9 games since he’s been here and that’s it.

25–24 Hawks at the half after VCU got a putback at the buzzer. 30 combined turnovers…in one freaking half.

Amazing that it was GW who ended Rhody's 8 game home win streak,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

OMG, VCU just took the ball away from the Hawks in the backcourt and layed it in on two consecutive possessions.

Davidson survives, 69–66. Looked like Jones may have fouled Quisenberry on his tying attempt at the buzzer, but no call.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT