ADVERTISEMENT

OK, SO

WebSpinner

Spider's Club
Gold Member
May 7, 2003
we beat a girl's school last night on the court, now today we need to take care of another girl's school on the turf. we control our own deal, let's see if we go out to win this game, not try and lose it, get where we want to be. up completely to the players and the coaches at this point...........go win it, take it, grab it, don't sit back trying not to lose, take what is yours

Oh how I hate those bastards!

One Barney asked if a ticket is required for his 2 year old? Another JMU said something like, He didn't know. No young people or children go to UR games. Only their 80 year old alums attend!

I have to admit the guy might be pointing to the future if we don't start making some changes in our admissions.

FRS, I don't see how lowering our admissions standards, is going to improve our turnover problem. We have great players, it's not like we haven't won any games.

All I can say is that those girls can play some football. Certainly kicked our asses today.

hats off to those girls, they came in, wanted it, took it, congrats to them.
sick0020.r191677.gif

Our defensive coaching staff pretty much embarrassed itself today. Did they watch any JMU game film, because I'm pretty sure JMU didn't just change its entire offensive scheme this week. I don't remember one single catch JMU made - and there were a lot of them - in which their receiver was covered closely. In most cases, they were not covered at all. As in, no one within 5 yards of them. All day long. Humiliating and inexcusable.

This post was edited on 11/15 5:33 PM by Eight Legger

let me add, over the past few weeks, posters here just poo-pooed nova's D, they held us to 10 and umwcah's D and they held us to 20........ statistics are for losers. their D was good and caused a ton of turnovers and broke up a lot of stuff as well. it was not all us, the girls came to win and the did.

We were all hoping for Strauss to return to his pre Albany game form.Didn't happen.2 pick 6's made it so easy for them.(14 points)

JMU scouted us well.Not sure we did the same.

We did not make defensive adjustments at half.They continued to go to their receivers in the same location all day.

We almost got a number of punts blocked.Same problem in Maine.

5 Turnovers again.We gave them the game with 2 foregone opportunities to score via fumbles (14 points)

It's a shame that a promising season goes down the drain due to TO's. It's been a problem ALL season, not just last 2 games. And that's on the coaches along with players. Also seemed today that our coaches had no clue and guys lacked focus on the play at hand. Rocco admitted he probably underestimated JMU's QB. Not sure how you do that when they've been on a roll last 5-6 weeks. But this is simply a sign of a bigger issue with game planning and prep. We're way too predictable on both sides of the ball and not seeing enough in-game adjustments. And until we come up with an O line that can execute and a D line that can rush and disrupt a passer, then we'll be what we are now -- a "good" team, but one that's "outside looking in" when it comes to PS.

The d line was told to stay in their gaps and stop the run. Not to pressure but to contain. And that kid picked us part. That is part of Rocco was talking about. We thought he could not pass. We were wrong.

It was very obvious that he could pass very early in the game. JMU adjusted when they saw what the defense was giving them and we stuck with our plan....out coached....again.

So once the coaches realized that Lee COULD throw the ball, why didn't they adjust the defensive alignments? It's not like he started throwing it late in the 4th quarter during garbage time.

Strange, I've been reading all week long in the paper about how Lee came to JMU because he's a passer and wasn't allowed to showcase his passing ability at Georgia Tech. And didn't he just set a JMU passing record last week? I certainly knew he was passing well just by reading the newspaper. Maybe our coaches ought to read them too. And if the D line was trying to contain the run, what the hell were the defensive backs told to do? Anybody on this board could have completed most of those passes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT