ADVERTISEMENT

@ Northern Iowa 12/5

Offense looking pretty terrible so far. Some questionable lineup combos being thrown out there too. We need to use our size advantage and take it to the hoop

Golden needs to get in the paint. He’s got about 6 inches on the guy guarding him but he’s popping out for threes

Don’t go to the locker room stay on the floor and shoot. Now 2-16

Looks like we were the first team to get hot from three. Their hot stretch is coming, though. Can anyone guess when it might happen??

• Haha
Reactions: 8legs1dream
Okay, quit fouling three point shooters and giving up and-1’s.

This is exactly what happens to us…..we let up, lose intensity let the opponent back in

The team played terrific defense. This was a good Tier 2 road win for the Spiders. Our Kenpom ranking should move up into the 50s. Moving in the right direction.

Last edited:
Reactions: SpiderRick
My observations:
1. Thank god we won
2. Defense was better, although it may have just looked better because they couldn’t hit water falling out of a boat. Hard to determine which was the cause.
3. Really suspect lineups at times
4. Someone stick Nate in a film room and force him to watch his 2019 free throw form for the next week
5. I want to see more of Dji and Crabtree, less of nick and grace, even if that means we are without a 5-type at times.

Nice to see the defense show up today. We didn't shoot it great and still were able to come away with the win. Gave up a few wide-open buckets underneath when we tried to help up high, and got backdoored a couple times, but overall we were pretty solid. Kept our guys in front of us, and mostly helped just enough to clog things up for the Panthers.

Oh, and loved the way we held them at arm's length down the stretch. Took the lead for good at just under 16 minutes to go, and once we pushed it out to double digits around the 10-minute mark, we never let them get closer than seven.

My observations:
1. Thank god we won
2. Defense was better, although it may have just looked better because they couldn’t hit water falling out of a boat. Hard to determine which was the cause.
4. Someone stick Nate in a film room and force him to watch his 2019 free throw form for the next week
5. I want to see more of Dji and Crabtree, less of nick and grace, even if that means we are without a 5-type at times.
Dji and Wilson did a job on Green, that was the killer for the Panthers.

My observations:
1. Thank god we won
TBone, I completely agree with your fifth point. Crabtree started off slow and they didn’t give him enough time to make up for it.

Reactions: Spider B
Call me a hater and I know it’s only one half but AJ Green looked ok at the start but a big guard like Dji bothered him(0-3 fg). Not impressed so far but come on defense don’t make me eat this in the 2nd 😂
yeah, the hype scared me. I expected to see more.
I know it's only one game and maybe he's a stud, but I don't see the NBA talk.
I believe we put mostly Zay and a little Dji on him and said "don't help ... stay with him". and he was a non-factor.
did the great Mark Schmidt not do that???

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT