ADVERTISEMENT

@ Northern Iowa 12/5

Green trying to will the Panthers to another win. He's got 25 of UNI's 51 points, and still 11 minutes to go. UNI was down 13 early in the second half, but they've tied it up.

If anyone else is headed to Cedar Falls for this game, I have an extra tix for the UNI game on Sunday. Close-in behind Spiders bench .. if you are interested, let me know. Been back and forth on whether I am still going to fly in given how things have started this season but leaning to it at this point.

Reactions: 8legs1dream
My prediction: We will blow a 14 point lead but claw back in the final seconds to secure the win. We will then be told how well this team competed and he called fake fans if we say this win was anything less than perfect.

And if we lose, well, the Pom-Pom squad will be silent and have excuses.

• Haha
Reactions: 8legs1dream
who took over ply's account and got so grumpy? lol
we only win games a few times all year. can you let us have some positive thoughts for maybe 24 hours after a win without derisively calling us the pop-pom squad?

Reactions: Gallipoli
Sorry Sman, but No. Not at all. We don’t celebrate mediocrity here. Well, on second thought, our program oozes mediocrity. I suppose if I just lower my standards I can convince myself everything is dandy as we have another underachieving season.

It has been almost 4 years now since I joined this board and in that time not a single thing has changed. We’re still blowing big leads. We’re still missing free throws. We still can’t rebound. One win where a big lead evaporated isn’t going to undo any of the past 4 years (and realistically the last 9 years)

Reactions: Spiders4ever
not saying the win undoes anything. but it's a win and I'll enjoy it. once I can't enjoy a win anymore I'll probably stop watching.

Reactions: VT4700
I enjoyed the hell out of the win last night. I’m still enjoying it right now. What I’m not enjoying is pretending there weren’t negatives and pretending everything is fine.

Reactions: Spiders4ever

Highlights from Bradley University 71-69 win over Northern Iowa with 4.5 seconds left in MVC opener at Carver Arena on Wednesday, Dec. 1, 2021.

Highlights from Bradley University 71-69 win over Northern Iowa with 4.5 seconds left in MVC opener at Carver Arena on Wednesday, Dec. 1, 2021.
Thanks 32. The defensive effort in the Vermont game looked somewhat familiar. The announcer described one play as “matador D”, which unfortunately I have seen before. Definitely will be a battle of the 2 bigs. Spiders have more talent, but will need to bring the intensity to get the W.

Thanks 32. The defensive effort in the Vermont game looked somewhat familiar. The announcer described one play as “matador D”, which unfortunately I have seen before. Definitely will be a battle of the 2 bigs. Spiders have more talent, but will need to bring the intensity to get the W.

if Green scored 35 against a team coached by the great Mark Schmidt, what should I expect against our "hope he misses" defense? 60?

Reactions: Eight Legger
They have 1 D1 win this year. 1. Yes, it's a really good win, but 1-4 with losses to Bradley, Nicholls, and Vermont. Have we lowered the bar now to point where we are saying this game is a toss up?

Reactions: gospidersgo
They have 1 D1 win this year. 1. Yes, it's a really good win, but 1-4 with losses to Bradley, Nicholls, and Vermont. Have we lowered the bar now to point where we are saying this game is a toss up?

Its really sad isn’t it? In the last year we’ve gone from beating Kentucky in a potential program-lifting win to being scared of Northern Iowa, Drake, North Carolina Central, and Wofford.

Even with that being said, I’m going Spiders 71-56. Feel like we will overrun this team, we simply have way more talent than they have.

Its really sad isn’t it? In the last year we’ve gone from beating Kentucky in a potential program-lifting win to being scared of Northern Iowa, Drake, North Carolina Central, and Wofford.

Even with that being said, I’m going Spiders 71-56. Feel like we will overrun this team, we simply have way more talent than they have.
Not everyone is afraid, on those who don’t believe in us. Roll Spides!!!

It's getting confusing watching billboards reply to each other.

It's confusing for me too ha.

I guess it's all semantics though. To me there is a distinction between a "good win" and simply a "win" I do acknowledge that we need as many checks in the win column as we can muster but this one won't move the needle like an NC State win could. That is the one I have my eye on.

It's confusing for me too ha.

I guess it's all semantics though. To me there is a distinction between a "good win" and simply a "win" I do acknowledge that we need as many checks in the win column as we can muster but this one won't move the needle like an NC State win could. That is the one I have my eye on.
For me, how good all these teams are, is like watching a bunch of roulette wheels.

So until that slows down, our first goal should be to win the next game,... every next game...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT