ADVERTISEMENT

@ Northern Iowa 12/5

Mooney press conference. Says the guys are feeling better. Goose is practicing today, but not 5-on-5 yet. Hoping he's ready for Toledo game.

I like the comments that Burton can rebound better and be an elite rebounder. he's already our best, but I also think he can be better and we need him to since we don't have other plus rebounders.

Gilly on his 7 turnovers - "Coach asked if I was throwing the game"

30068683-2472680larry-the-cable-guy-funny.jpg

Very early morning leaving the RVA via DTW to DES and then close to a two hour drive to Cedar Falls. Expected our Spiders to be 6-2 or 7-1 when booking this trip but excited to see Gilly get a record that will likely never be broken (and Spiders making it to .500 in their Iowa adventures)

Very early morning leaving the RVA via DTW to DES and then close to a two hour drive to Cedar Falls. Expected our Spiders to be 6-2 or 7-1 when booking this trip but excited to see Gilly get a record that will likely never be broken (and Spiders making it to .500 in their Iowa adventures)
Early lead for fan of the year!

Also glad you know the game is on 12/5!

I wonder if they will do a very brief announcement and remove the ball when the record is broken?

From panthernation.com..... Sounds familiar

"At-large hopes have to be dashed at this point. You definitely can't depend on that as a possibility. Just have to go win the conference tourney."

Reactions: plydogg
From panthernation.com..... Sounds familiar

"At-large hopes have to be dashed at this point. You definitely can't depend on that as a possibility. Just have to go win the conference tourney."
You don’t think there’s a pathway to an at large for the Spiders?

Two easy flights and a quick 90 min drive through brown flat corn fields and I’ve arrived. Sunken modern arena sort of like VCU and attached to what appears to be their football dome and in the middle of nowhere.
Were you at football dome in 2008?

Last edited:
I'm feeling good about this one, I think Spiders close this one out, win by 1 to 3 points. Gilly gets the steal record early, scores 24 and generally is best player on the court outshining Burton and Green. Golden with 16 points.

Did you just jinx us :(

Yep. They certainly have to win the last 4 games as it is.
I’d say wing the next four and winning the conference title handily then maybe if we lose in the conference tournament semi finals

Okay, when I said it was nice to see Tyler get going, I didn’t mean he should be the only one.

And how does Sherod have five boards already? The dude can’t even jump.

Grant still looks very uncomfortable around the basket much more often than he should after six years. Needs to just take it strong to the hoop instead of these weird twisting over the shoulder shots.

Reactions: 8legs1dream
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT