ADVERTISEMENT

Norfolk State hires...

Happy for LS. He will do a great job for NSU as he did for VSU. A friend of CP said that CP and AC would follow Scott.

Yeah, LS won on the football field at VSU, but the off field issues followed him there as well.

97, not sure you can blame him on all that took place with his QB. I know a number of people that have known Latrell most of his life and all would say although he has made his mistakes, he is a good guy. Dave Clausen thought a lot of him, that's enough for me to feel he is a good man that made a mistake. Nobody's perfect. I suspect Latrell has learned a lot in the last 5 years.

Latrell Scott took our program when it was at its peak and he shit all over it.

To me, it's the equivalent of having someone over to babysit your kids and you find out later that he spanked your kids and had a huge party at your house without your permission. Or your friend that borrowed your Sportscar for the weekend but wrecked it, going twice the speed limit.

He may be reformed, but it doesn't make me have to forgive him.

MO, just wish you would not beat around the bush, hold back on how you really feel.....

Originally posted by MolivaManiac:

Or your friend that borrowed your Sportscar for the weekend but wrecked it, going twice the speed limit.
Or like the guy I know who took his Ducati (a high end Italian motorcycle, to the uninitiated) in to be serviced. The mechanic took it out on a test run. The mechanic promptly hit a Mack truck at a speed in excess of 200 mph. My friend lost his Ducati and his mechanic at the same time....Like that kind of guy- the mechanic, I mean.

Hiring Latrell Scott set our program back years coming off 3 playoff appearances, a national championship and being ranked #1 for most of the year before he got here. There's been issues alluded to by players, off the field stuff that has also been alluded to or seen by some here. I have no idea why our AD got a pass for making that hire.

He goes to VSU and has a team make the championship game that they can't play in because one of his players jumped the opposing team QB DURING the pre game banquet. That's not normal behavior in a team environment.

There are giant red flags waving around this guy. There's a good chance that Norfolk State will regret this decision at some point in the near future.

+1. Like no one on this board has ever done anything they regretted. Of course his transgressions are unforgivable but you gotta hope he has learned from them. If not, then he gets what he deserves.

+1, Annap and Marley. People make mistakes. He has clearly worked hard to overcome these issues. Best of luck to him.

Thank you Marley! This post was beginning to sound like a group of middle school girls.

there were the public probs that we all know about but there were other incidents which only a few are privy and think they had enough a long time ago, so are speaking out here. if you are unaware, probably most of you, then you don't understand why these things are being said. probably best to move on at this point.

So, in hindsight, do you guys think that he was a good hire for the University of Richmond?

Jim Miller made some really good hires while in office and feel he did his due diligence on each and every one of them. he was aware of what had occurred in LT's past, gave him a second chance even so, that is fine. he also contacted DC and was given a glowing recommendation. he was also attempting to continue on with something i will not go into here and took a chance. it obviously did not work but was a good idea. every athletic director misses on some of his or her hires, you are not going to hit on every one of them. should be no finger pointing at all, a hire which did not work. most hires which do not work, sets a program back and certainly did for us.

Yes, nobody's perfect and we all make mistakes. Just think that the head football coach at a D-1 university should be held to some higher standards than multiple DUI's and whatever happened at VSU involving the fight at Winston State, that was way more than just 1 kid from VSU punching a kid from Winston State. I wasn't there but lots of rumors but that LS made the situation worse and was extremely unprofessional in the immediate aftermath of the incident.

There are a ton of "good guys" out there that haven't made the magnitude of repeated mistakes that L.S. has made and to me you want one of those guys to be one of the leaders and faces of your university.

Maybe he has learned from his mistakes and everything at NSU will be great. I hope for his and there sake it is. I'm just saying if I'm the AD, I'm not taking that risk.

am not an apologist for LS, most of his probs were of his own making but after reading what the guy from winston-salem wrote, blaming everything on vsu, am happy that LS stood up for his team, his players and was not going to let them be railroaded by the winston-salem police or anyone else down there. i don't know what happened either, a couple of stories so you have to pick but want my coach sticking up for his team, especially when in someone else's neighborhood.

Hope he does well, and hope he sets the rules quickly and starts enforcing them. No coach can police after his players 24/7.

That is one thing that makes the head coach's job a bear at times. If you go to a school, like LS did to VSU, and the previous coach recruited thugs, and those thugs attack opposing players in a bathroom, I can't blame that on LS. That was the thug/gang mentality that is so prevalent in these microcosms of society. Lay down the law, then dismiss the thugs when they violate team policy. Get them all out the door by the end of spring practice - then they can't encourage the young players next year to be thugs. Many fine college coaches have gradually cleaned house over the first two years of taking over a program - it seems to reap benefits. Hope LS does fine.

Ward you are too hard on the Beaver! All kidding aside I wish LS well. Not sure where I would be if not for second and third chances in life.

Once again PA is the voice of reason. I suspect all of us could say we've had more than one chance in like to get it right.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT