ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Tournament Rd 1 v. Duke

Sep 15, 2003
The Spiders are going for the biggest win in lax program history today at 5. In UR sports history, it would echo the defeat of #2 Syracuse in mens BB in 1991.

Duke is at home and of course the favorite. However, the Spiders are playing their best lax of the season and have a hot goalie coming off 24 some saves in the last 2 games to win Southern Tourney MVP. This gives them a chance to win their 1st NCAA tournament game and supercharge the programs allready hot development.

We have a previous victory over Duke on the same field where we will play today. On March 7, 2016 we won at Duke 12-10. Let's replicate that victory today.......................

2-0 So far so good. Need to be a little more clean in transition. Limited face offs but done alright on them. Need to make sure we win 50% of those, we can’t be swarm duke like we did HPU in the last game should we lose a faceoff.

Tough loss 12-11. Didn't fade when down 12-7 but two scoring bursts by Duke were more than we could overcome.

Too many mistakes, but one hell of an effort.
The Duke players kept saying they “didn’t play their best game.” I beg to differ, they needed to play one of their best games to win.
I hope someone doesn’t buy our coach away from us. He is building us into an elite
level.

Agree- I hope we take care of him. He's done an awesome job building this program up from scratch. Lax has the potential to become "the" sport at UR.

Already is "the sport" in terms of excitement, esprit de corps, coaching,recruiting, and competitive with the ability to win "high profile" matches......................

A 10 year x $1MM contract extension ought to do the trick.
Sarcasm - what a surprise. (We will always question that contract. )
But a serious 3 to 5 year contract would be sensible.
We’re talking about a coach that took basically a club team and made them nationally
viable in a D-1 sport in six years. Think about that. Friends of mine here in lacrosse hot bed Maryland
actually ask me, how did they do that?

Sarcasm - what a surprise. (We will always question that contract. )
But a serious 3 to 5 year contract would be sensible.
We’re talking about a coach that took basically a club team and made them nationally
viable in a D-1 sport in six years. Think about that. Friends of mine here in lacrosse hot bed Maryland
actually ask me, how did they do that?
Don't get me wrong - I am amazed at what he's done. I have basically "learned" lacrosse since the program started, and listening to his interviews. I hope he's CFL.
It is too bad our Athletic Dept has so much money tied up in one under-performing coach, that coaches of programs that actually are competing for championships are being affected.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT