ADVERTISEMENT

MGOLF

Lowe T35th +5(1,1,3)

Wanichek T43 +7(6,E,1)

Justice T73 +17(5,4,8)

Baker T50 +9 (4,1,4)

Sciaretta T12 E (2,1,-3)

Fairfield Prep graduate Andrew Sciaretta was the UR star over the 3 round tourney.For a slight guy,Matt Lowe is very,very consistent(accurate) with a three(3) round total of +5 (1,1,3) on a course measuring more than 7,200 yards.

Actually,the scores were rather good overall by each member of the team.Justice has a much better game than what he showed in Mobile.

Last edited:
MGOLF playing in UNCW hosted tourney.Other A10 teams way back in pack include Mason,VCU,Davidson.Nice omen for A10 tourney.Dayton still looms as hurdle.

Kids shot lights out.Lowest team score in R3.

R1 +4
R2 +10
R3 +3

Lowe:-1,+4,-2
Wanichek:+5,-2,+2
Sciarretta:-1,+4,+2
Baker:+1,+8,+7
Justice:+6,+4,+1
Fuller:+9,+5,+8

http://results.golfstat.com/public/leaderboards/gsnav.cfm?pg=team&tid=14077

Last edited:
UNCW tourney:

over 54 holes//12-PAR3s,30-PAR4s,12-PAR5s

PAR3s:
Lowe shot E
Justice shot E

PAR4s
Lowe shot +3
Wanichek shot +4
Sciarretta shot +5

PAR5s
Sciarretta shot -6
Justice shot -4

BIRDIES
Sciarretta had 13
Lowe had 11

PARs
Justice had 35
Lowe had 34
Baker had 33

Last edited:
I'll tell you what--great job by our admin on the golfing hires for both men's and women's teams. Both coaches/staffs have gone out ans secured great recruits and developed them when they've gotten to campus. You're seeing the results more consistently every tournament, every year now.

I'll tell you what--great job by our admin on the golfing hires for both men's and women's teams. Both coaches/staffs have gone out ans secured great recruits and developed them when they've gotten to campus. You're seeing the results more consistently every tournament, every year now.

Almost there,not quite.Tim Finchem and Giff Breed have been the behind the scene instrumental and most key to the upward tratrectory along with coaches Adam Decker and Ali Wright.Kids Now want to come to UR to play golf.Success breeds success.WGOLF participating in the Patriot League is a nice sweet spot.

MGolf finished 5th/11 this weekend at the A10 Championship. Davidson won the title and got the autobid for the ncaa tourney in a few weeks. Matt Lowe wrapped up his Spider career with the lowest scoring average in school history. He had a hell of a career -- all-conf all 4 seasons, conf rookie of the year in 2015, indiv ncaa tourney bid in 2016 and part of ncaa team last year.

Spiders bring back 4 of 5 starters, and have some promising youth in the pipeline. I know, the youth narrative again, but Decker has actually backed it up with decent results. I think the men's and women's programs are getting new training facility over at Independence (Spiders home course). A lot to be excited about for both programs.

Reactions: iSpider
Yes I've been impressed the last couple years with both the men's and women's programs. I remember being in school and the men's team wasn't any good and there wasn't even a women's program.

Mobile Sports Authority Intercollegiate Golf Tournament
MAGNOLIA GROVE GOLF COURSE, 7001 MAGNOLIA GROVE PKWY, MOBILE, AL
Feb 10, 2019 - Feb 12, 2019

RTJ course:

https://course.bluegolf.com/bluegolf/course/course/magnoliagrovecrossing/index.htm

This annual invitational golf tournament is the Spring season-opener for many of the participating teams. The tournament is co-hosted by the University of South Alabama Men's Golf Team and attracts up to 20 Division I teams from around the nation.

Practice rounds on Sunday, February 10. Tournament play begins Monday, February 11.

The tournament is open to the public and admission is free

Spiders tied for 7th after 2 rounds.

http://results.golfstat.com/public/leaderboards/gsnav.cfm?pg=team&tid=16837

I know the Oregon State coach well. They were really looking forward to coming back East and playing in this event, somehow they have a connection to the course superintendent and wrangled an invite. They left on Thursday night, toured NYC on Friday, etc. Nice educational experience for West Coast kids.

Glad my two favorite men's golf teams are 1-2!

I know the Oregon State coach well. They were really looking forward to coming back East and playing in this event, somehow they have a connection to the course superintendent and wrangled an invite. They left on Thursday night, toured NYC on Friday, etc. Nice educational experience for West Coast kids.

Glad my two favorite men's golf teams are 1-2!

UR finishes in 3rd spot with a + 21 in last round.

http://results.golfstat.com/public/leaderboards/gsnav.cfm?pg=team&tid=18695

Reactions: SpiderPlant
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT