ADVERTISEMENT

Looking for an apology

AnnapSpider

Graduate Assistant
May 8, 2003
Annapolis, MD
I remember defending our A.D. and one of the know nothing posters on this site said
Hardt is too afraid the fire anyone. Well let’s see- his method is to let the contracts run out.
Fiscally more responsible than just out and out firing them
Say goodbye to the Women’s basketball coach, soccer coach and field hockey coach. And don’t
forget the Men’s baseball coach.
It seems someone was wrong.

I don’t know who u r referring to who said that. But firing re: d1 coaches really means when term remains on contract. So maybe he is afraid.

Not sure why those programs who have no business being that bad r so bad under his watch. He lets them rot & go near rock bottom I’m not sure why that is a good thing. While a good coach can recover it still makes harder imo. Btw I’ve met Roussell I like him of course we r better than end of last Coach tenure but this big year for him.

Fiscally responsible? Lol. R we fiscally responsible w men’s hoops when we keep giving out multi million extensions when we could get same return paying less. Look I don’t mind the $ going to hoops & sure u r mindful of budget on smaller sports but U of R has paid for things to go away for 50 years. Buying out an Olympic sport coach contract is drop in the bucket.

Who knows how fiscally responsible we r anyway we refuse to announce any contractual terms for any sport. Transparency. 1 of those fake college terms they love to teach but not practice.

Also someone who posts a new thread titled ‘Looking for an apology’ imo should really be looking for a psychiatrist.

Regardless it’s just a weird flex for bumbling Jabba Mr. Regatta.

Sorry Lil Dicky esq w last line. And Mr. Roboto just came in my head. Styx.

Mr Roboto > Mr Regatta

Hardt put all the spots budget money into Alameda Capital and he’s hoping no one will notice. Letting the racquetball coach walk should save the day.

-know nothing poster

ps - adding this to my favorite threads list:

1. Gilly in the NBA
2. College basketball betting / losing
3. Middle of the night ranting thread about Hardt. Domo arigato!

• Haha
Reactions: 8legs1dream
Well I also think we can all agree that it’s horrendous that Texas A&M (a public university) is going to buyout Jimbo’s contract for over $75M. Ridiculous waste of money — I assume they keep the athletic budget separate from taxpayer funds but still makes you wonder.

Football is the over leveraged insane driving force behind all the greed in college athletics. How many states top paid public employees are fball coaches? All but Kentucky, among applicable states? Idiotic.

Well I also think we can all agree that it’s horrendous that Texas A&M (a public university) is going to buyout Jimbo’s contract for over $75M. Ridiculous waste of money — I assume they keep the athletic budget separate from taxpayer funds but still makes you wonder.

Ridiculous for sure. A&M is a weirdo school but I at least respect they r honoring the contract unlike some schools who purposely look for way to fire for cause.

More ridiculous is signing these coaching contracts to begin with. How many times do u like to get burned. And 10 years. Where has that ever gone wrong…/s!

Schools letting these unreasonable deals get out of hand is what I think led us down path of lot of the NIL crapola.

Agreed. It’s ridiculous that a public university can commit to these type of contracts — both the length and amount…

I think it’s beyond obvious, financial or other considerations considered, that Mooney has not earned the right to coach 20 seasons here. The AD is primarily to blame for this reality.

And I will cheer this team on no matter what and always hope for the best but it doesn’t change the obvious need for a change in coach.

I hope I’m wrong going forward but you can’t change the past.

Thanks for starting this thread Annap so we can all make the same redundant points again. :)

Just to bring this back to one of the wierdest schools in country Texas A&M. Good luck to former Richmond football and Dave Clawson assistant Mike Elko. he looks like he's about to poop his pants here. But then is like F it, they are paying me millions.

• Haha
Reactions: Section9.RowD
$7 million per plus major potential incentives? Yeah, I'd get up there and look awkward too.

Reactions: urfan1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT