ADVERTISEMENT

AIDAN NOYES

UR80sfan

Star
Jan 28, 2018
Since Mooney specifically signaled Noyes out recently. I thought he deserved his own tread. Below is his high school bio, which is very impressive. 47% from 3s. He might have a much bigger role than most on here expected.

• Attended Archbishop Moeller, the same high school as current Richmond football coach Russ Huesman as well as Baseball Hall of Famers Ken Griffey Jr. and Barry Larkin
• Second Team Greater Catholic League South selection in 2021
• Averaged 12 points and 4.5 rebounds as a senior while shooting 47 percent from three-point range and 55 percent from the field
• Led team to 20-5 record and appearance in Division I state quarterfinals in 2021
• Key reserve as junior in 2020, when Moeller finished 26-1 and reached state quarterfinals before season was canceled due to COVID-19
• Received more than 15 Division I scholarship offers, including UR’s A-10 rival VCU
• Committed to Richmond in October 2020
• No. 5 recruit in Ohio, No. 186 recruit nationally in Class of 2021 by 247Sports.com

Been saying I expect this guy to be a contributor sooner than later and have a solid career for us. Kind of reminds me of Mike Skrocki.

he's got Burton-like bounce and shooting ... just not Burton-like strength. he's had a year plus to get on that. if he can force himself into the rotation this year, he could be a big time player for us going forward.

LTIyMjQuanBlZw.jpeg

nothing new. just thought I'd take a look at him again from a year ago. didn't look overly thin back then. a season stronger now. super bouncy.

Did anyone else at the game or those watching closely on Flo notice that Aiden appeared not to be with the team last night at W&M game.. at least for the national anthem, we didn't see him present and maybe I missed him but didn't find him on the Spiders bench. Not sure if anyone has heard of an illness/injury or remote change he has a crazy final Monday morning and needed the extra prep time but found it odd and a touch concerning ..

Well, hopefully just a mild illness, or as you said needed to study for an exam or something not serious.

The way the ship seems to have hit a rock and taking on water, would not surprise me at all if he has decided to transfer. Either he is not as good as advertised, or , more likely he is a guy Mooney just keeps forgetting to get in games.

I was pretty optimistic for this season, and thought after the first few games we were trending better for early in the season than I expected, but seems like we have hit a wall super early.

JOC writeup said he was sick.

UR reserve redshirt freshman forward Aidan Noyes was absent because of sickness.
Better than my transfer theory - which I believe was in the back of section9's head too :).

Hope he feels better soon.

Also, I am sure we will have it leaked that the entire team was not feeling well, accounting for the "sick" performance.

Better than my transfer theory - which I believe was in the back of section9's head too :).

Hope he feels better soon.

Also, I am sure we will have it leaked that the entire team was not feeling well, accounting for the "sick" performance.
Yes, it might have crossed my mind as well ...

Ah the amazement of sports to go from DC Miracle and Iowa triumph and less than 9 months later to experience the last 5 losses including losing to a W&M team that we should have come out strong against and put away in the 1st half.

Ah the amazement of sports to go from DC Miracle and Iowa triumph and less than 9 months later to experience the last 5 losses including losing to a W&M team that we should have come out strong against and put away in the 1st half.
Life in Mooneyville. The nightmare that won't go away. "Hey Mooney, do you feel a pain in your neck like someone is sticking a pin in it?" "No." "How about now?"

Reactions: 8legs1dream

The basketball chronicles would call that the Gilly Effect. One day you have it, and the next day's it's gone. The results speak for themselves.

Reactions: Section9.RowD

I noticed he was missing during the pregame warmups, but had no cell service to be able to see if anything had been said anywhere. Really missed the RC video boards for replays and stats (well sometimes they are available) when there is no available Internet connection. I definitely feared the worst as I was hoping that the Spiders would play well and that some of the reserves would get court time. As it turned out, Aiden didn’t miss anything. Hope he gets well soon. Busy time with academics as well as trying to fit practice etc in.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT