ADVERTISEMENT

Indoor facility for field sports

AnnapSpider

Graduate Assistant
May 8, 2003
Annapolis, MD
We have a wonderful new indoor facility for our baseball team, A wonderful practice facility for our basketball teams,
It’s time that we have an indoor facility for football, both lacrosse teams, field hockey and soccer. A facility that is designed
to give all of these sports an Indoor place to practice. The uniqueness of the different sports will have to be addressed, but
every coach would love to bring their team inside for practice.

Can we hit up Queally for another $15 million? And where could it go?

Can we hit up Queally for another $15 million? And where could it go?
Do we only have one multi-millionaire alumnus? Where, how about behind the scoreboard,
opposite end from Millhiser?
If they get the money to build such a facility, they can find a place.

Last edited:
Reactions: urfan1
There would be ample room on the scoreboard end without the track. You could even put some kind of special seating, or an area for group parties/functions, on the roof. And it would enclose that end of the stadium perfectly.

The ill-informed decision not to relocate the track when building the stadium is the gift that keeps on giving.

Reactions: Stork3
Maybe you guys are envisioning a much smaller building than I'm thinking of, but there's no way for a full-sized practice facility back there. It's only about 125 feet from the scoreboard to College Road. If they'd removed the track, you might have 225 feet.

Something might fit on the tennis courts adjacent to that area, but there are topographic challenges and the current master plan calls for a parking deck there at some point.

I’m using the Univ. of MD as an example because I’m there several times a year.
Areas where you swear they couldn’t put another building, all of a sudden has a high
rise dormitory. The tennis courts and tracks, and even roads, can easily be moved
with landscape architects at the board.
If there’s a will, there’s a way.

It could go on top of the parking garage!

Hey its been done look at Washington Capitals practice facility in Ballston (Arlington).

It could go on top of the parking garage!

Hey its been done look at Washington Capitals practice facility in Ballston (Arlington).
Or build it south of RC and Parking deck above the field house.

There used to be a bridge between the Westhampton side and the Richmond College side.
who would have thought what they did to that bridge? LOL

Maybe you guys are envisioning a much smaller building than I'm thinking of, but there's no way for a full-sized practice facility back there. It's only about 125 feet from the scoreboard to College Road. If they'd removed the track, you might have 225 feet.

Something might fit on the tennis courts adjacent to that area, but there are topographic challenges and the current master plan calls for a parking deck there at some point.
I wasn't talking about a practice facility, I'm talking about a two- or three-story locker room, football offices, meeting room, football-only weight room, etc., complex, which would also free up valuable space in the Robins Center.

Judging by Google's overhead of campus, I think the only viable location for an indoor practice center is by President's Field. Or by doming Crenshaw Field.

Too bad we didn't partner with St. Chris's back in the day to upgrade their track, and use it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT