ADVERTISEMENT

Lasalle Post Mortem

Originally posted by 97spiderfan:

So that leaves cutting into Taylor - which I think would be the best option at this point this year.
I hope this is not a surgical cut either but a significant cut. Maybe Wood can also play the 2 a bit so he can cut into some of Trey's minutes as well.
The big question will be whether we'll have more than 2 or 3 scorers on the floor. Evidently that's not important in some coach's mind. If not, then expect a repeat, threepeat, or whateverpeat.

I'm just guessing that DT's minutes will increase (not decrease) as a senior.

The one highlight of your season will be beating VCU once. Good luck in the NCAAT! Oh, wait....

Originally posted by HoosFan05:
The one highlight of your season will be beating VCU once. Good luck in the NCAAT! Oh, wait....
Good luck to the 5-15-1 Louisa Lions basketball team tonight. HUGE road game at Fluvanna. Hopefully they can up that win percentage to somewhere near 30%

Reactions: 30YearSPDR
Originally posted by SpiderTrap:
Back to earth after the VCU win. This LaSalle game was more typical of the rest of our season.

We fall behind early and are down at halftime. We make a good comeback in the second half and its a 1-2 possession game with minutes to play, and we just fall short.

In reality - this team is probably 1 year away from being a good team WITH Anthony. What I mean by that is that IF Anthony were a Junior, we could all sit back and say - wait till next year, its going to be really exciting. Cline and ShawnDre show flashes, but are still playing like Frosh - making mistakes and very inconsistent. If they could come back next year with Anthony, I think we would have 3 more consistent weapons on offense. But as it stands now - our only true scorer is Anthony and its tough to put that all on 1 guy who stands less than 5-8. He already has to work twice as hard because of his size, and with teams being able to focus on him - it makes it even more difficult. This is probably why he has dry spells in games because he can't do it all. And next year - when we lose him, we are HOPING - that someone steps up. We thought ShawnDre would be the guy this year - but he is not. We thought Allen would be the guy after his strong finish last year - and yes, he has played well of late - but he is still very much an inside player with very little outside game. We thought Cline would step right in and help, and he has - but he is inconsistent and the tougher A10 play is getting the best of him lately.

And we can all say next year will be different, and it might be. We can sit back and rave about the incoming frosh and how they will step right in and help. Just like we did with Fore and Smithen, who have been hit by an injury bug - but between the two of them have played a total of 70 minutes. And with history repeating itself - I would assume next season, they play more - but the best we could hope for is something like Cline or ShawnDre - show flashes, but inconsistent.

Think we are just 1 year away, with the big IF being - who will replace our only offensive weapon - Anthony?
Allen has been playing amazingly well in conference play. He is averaging 14pts a game in conference play and has been in double figures in all but one game (8pts), and he has scored very efficiently. That is consistency. We lost due to the huge free throw differential and us only shooting 57% from the line. If we shot our normal 80% we wouldn't be talking about any of this right now.

Originally posted by SpiderFan26:
Originally posted by HoosFan05:
Good luck to the 5-15-1 Louisa Lions basketball team tonight. HUGE road game at Fluvanna. Hopefully they can up that win percentage to somewhere near 30%
LOL, all you can talk about is my high school, really? If you wanna do that, go to virginiapreps.com. And Louisa basketball has been terrible for years, you hurt my feelings.
rolleyes.r191677.gif

Originally posted by fan2011:

Originally posted by SpiderTrap:
Back to earth after the VCU win. This LaSalle game was more typical of the rest of our season.

We fall behind early and are down at halftime. We make a good comeback in the second half and its a 1-2 possession game with minutes to play, and we just fall short.

In reality - this team is probably 1 year away from being a good team WITH Anthony. What I mean by that is that IF Anthony were a Junior, we could all sit back and say - wait till next year, its going to be really exciting. Cline and ShawnDre show flashes, but are still playing like Frosh - making mistakes and very inconsistent. If they could come back next year with Anthony, I think we would have 3 more consistent weapons on offense. But as it stands now - our only true scorer is Anthony and its tough to put that all on 1 guy who stands less than 5-8. He already has to work twice as hard because of his size, and with teams being able to focus on him - it makes it even more difficult. This is probably why he has dry spells in games because he can't do it all. And next year - when we lose him, we are HOPING - that someone steps up. We thought ShawnDre would be the guy this year - but he is not. We thought Allen would be the guy after his strong finish last year - and yes, he has played well of late - but he is still very much an inside player with very little outside game. We thought Cline would step right in and help, and he has - but he is inconsistent and the tougher A10 play is getting the best of him lately.

And we can all say next year will be different, and it might be. We can sit back and rave about the incoming frosh and how they will step right in and help. Just like we did with Fore and Smithen, who have been hit by an injury bug - but between the two of them have played a total of 70 minutes. And with history repeating itself - I would assume next season, they play more - but the best we could hope for is something like Cline or ShawnDre - show flashes, but inconsistent.

Think we are just 1 year away, with the big IF being - who will replace our only offensive weapon - Anthony?
Allen has been playing amazingly well in conference play. He is averaging 14pts a game in conference play and has been in double figures in all but one game (8pts), and he has scored very efficiently. That is consistency. We lost due to the huge free throw differential and us only shooting 57% from the line. If we shot our normal 80% we wouldn't be talking about any of this right now.
Although I do wish that last night, his first half stats looked like his second half stats.

Nm...formatting and editing on the iPad is a nightmare!
This post was edited on 2/6 4:13 PM by Ferrum Spider

Don't bother feeding that troll - his life is based on being recognized by getting a response on opposing teams message boards. Most people do not care what other team's fans post.

Hoos-rams-spiderhater-lions fan05-- Only thing that's ever happened in Louisa of importance is when the earthquake hit there and did $20 Million of improvements.

HoosFan05 I take it from your handle that you are a UVA fan. If you are a fan of Virginia, why are you posting on the Spidernation website? Just wondering.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT