ADVERTISEMENT

Jason Nelson Enters Transfer Portal, Commits to VCU

I am not looking much into the exhibition game, but it looks like he will get ample opportunity at minutes with VCU and maybe their style will fit more his style of play. I thought Nelson would be next in the line of good PG's under Mooney - such as Gilyard, Kendall Anthony, Shawndre Jones, KA, etc. Also liked he was local and came from a winning program - but it just never materialized at UR.

It will be interesting to see how he does at VCU and I got a feeling he will be a little more pumped than normal for the VCU vs. UR games.

Reactions: urfan1
I root against VCU, but I won't mind if Nelson becomes a star there. seemed like a good kid. just didn't work out here. we both moved on. I'm happy with our current and future PGs.

I root against VCU, but I won't mind if Nelson becomes a star there. seemed like a good kid. just didn't work out here. we both moved on. I'm happy with our current and future PGs.
Same...JayNel is a good kid and he and Dji are still very close and as I told his dad I hope he kills it over there just not against us 😀

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT