ADVERTISEMENT

Jake

Good for him! Surprised he stayed on the East Coast but smart on his part to go down a level in competition to get more playing time. Looking at Fairfield a BAD offensive team that shot 28% in 3PTA. Also only 29% of their shots were from deep. Need for Jake exists. Two senior guards who played a lot are gone. Good luck Jake!

Of course you all know that Grant’s Dad played at Fairfield.
This move has been in motion for more than a few days,for sure.

Thankfully, Woj has a better understanding of his game than some of our posters. Fairfield is a great fit for Woj, He will be a big piece of that team and will be playing in a league with players who more fit his athletic profile and game. I hope he has an outstanding 2 years at Fairfield.

Reactions: ChoppinBroccoli
agreed. seems like a great fit. best of luck to him. I expect he'll do great there.

Good fit. I seem to recall we played Fairfield multiple times while I was in school. Did Tarrant have a connection?

Good fit. I seem to recall we played Fairfield multiple times while I was in school. Did Tarrant have a connection?

Men's Basketball Faces Fairfield In Hall Of Fame Tipoff

Courtesy: Richmond Athletics

Release: 11/24/2013

UNIVERSITY OF RICHMOND, Va. - Richmond plays Fairfield Sunday in a coaching match-up between two former college teammates in the Hall of Fame Tipoff at 3 p.m. at Mohegan Sun.

Richmond head coach Chris Mooney and Fairfield coach Sydney Johnson were teammates for two years at Princeton in the early 1990's.

UR W 68-47.Fairfield actually stayed close to Louisville the day before,as we did to UNC.

2013-11-24Fairfield Richmond L 47 68
1991-12-07 Fairfield @ Richmond L 66 74
1990-12-09 Fairfield Richmond L 60 68
1989-12-09 Fairfield @ Richmond L 57 69
1987-01-06 Fairfield Richmond L 87 91

Last edited:
Keep an eye on San Jose State as a final destination.

You get 1/2 credit for being within 3000 miles.

I wish Woj well too. Hoped he'd stay because I don't take for granted an established contributor. Yeah he was going to be 8-9 off bench, but he was still established and great backcourt insurance to have.

Men's Basketball Faces Fairfield In Hall Of Fame Tipoff

Courtesy: Richmond Athletics

Release: 11/24/2013

UNIVERSITY OF RICHMOND, Va. - Richmond plays Fairfield Sunday in a coaching match-up between two former college teammates in the Hall of Fame Tipoff at 3 p.m. at Mohegan Sun.

Richmond head coach Chris Mooney and Fairfield coach Sydney Johnson were teammates for two years at Princeton in the early 1990's.

UR W 68-47.Fairfield actually stayed close to Louisville the day before,as we did to UNC.

2013-11-24Fairfield Richmond L 47 68
1991-12-07 Fairfield @ Richmond L 66 74
1990-12-09 Fairfield Richmond L 60 68
1989-12-09 Fairfield @ Richmond L 57 69
1987-01-06 Fairfield Richmond L 87 91
While I'm flattered you think I was in school in 2013, I was referring to the Tarrant years. Thanks for posting confirmation though - 4 times in 5 seasons is pretty frequent for a non-conference opponent with no natural rivalry.

While I'm flattered you think I was in school in 2013, I was referring to the Tarrant years. Thanks for posting confirmation though - 4 times in 5 seasons is pretty frequent for a non-conference opponent with no natural rivalry.

Tarrant was UR coach 81/82->92/93.His UR teams played Fairfield 4 times.

We could use his outside shooting this year. I was hoping he would have stayed and redshirted this year, and now, with him having to sit out anyway, this would have made even more sense for him and for us. Had he still been here, with Nick's injury, we could have removed the redshirt and he would have been in line for good playing time. Had Nick not been injured, he redshirts and we now have a good 3 point shooter for 2 years after losing our top three 3 point guys in Nick, Jacob, and Blake.

But, all in the past now. Just wishful thinking on my part. It is hard to win without good 3 point shooting. It looks like we will still have a lot of talent after this great class leaves, but the question is will we have the 3 point shooting to go with it?

Man, did he send a bag of flaming poop to the NCAA or something? EVERYONE is getting approved to play right away this year.

Reactions: plydogg
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT