ADVERTISEMENT

Jack Daugherty - 2024 Offer

Based on these recent highlights, looks like a great shooter and solid shot creator for a 6'8 wing/F - stroke is very clean, and he looks really comfortable pulling up off the dribble. Also looks to be a solid passer out of the post. Can obviously see what we liked in him.

Reactions: Section9.RowD
would like to see him beat someone off the dribble to get to the rack more for a better gauge at what is going on here. Could be a footspeed issue, or this is just showcasing shooting and passing, but no idea if he's athletic based on this. He's getting very clean looks against shorter players, so also would like to see the matchup against someone A10 wing size who might guard him at this level (unlikely to get I guess.). I do like his form and high release, seems relatively quick release too, both positives.

Daugherty interview. He was in for an unofficial visit this past weekend, which is when we offered.

“The visit was awesome,” Daugherty said. “I had been talking to Coach Mooney for two months so I really enjoyed being able to meet the whole coaching staff and the team. It was a fun atmosphere and their style of play was also really fun to watch. They also have a really beautiful campus.”

Iowa, Marquette, Penn State, Virginia, and Wisconsin have been talking to him, but no P6 offers yet. Says he remains open in his recruitment and is "focused on adding weight to his frame, showing his improvement in his game off the bounce, and maintaining his efficiency as a shooter."

Reactions: urfan1
48% from 3 plays.
wonder which side was saving the official visit and made this one unofficial.

Reactions: nathanw19
Daugherty update from a UVA perspective. Also picked up a Toledo offer today.

He has taken recent visits to Richmond, Iowa, Indiana State and Southern Illinois.

“It has been a lot of fun talking to a bunch of different schools,” he said. “It has been great learning more about how certain schools run and the different recruiting processes that each school uses.

“A few schools that are talking to me on a consistent basis,” Daugherty added, “are Iowa, Princeton, Richmond, South Carolina, Santa Clara, Penn State, Georgia Tech, Virginia, Wisconsin.”

Reactions: nathanw19
Daugherty has picked up offers from Cal Poly, Robert Morris, and St. Thomas over the past few days. Still waiting for the bigger guys to pull the trigger.

He is our kind of kid, but it will be a near miss. I would say Iowa or Wisconsin.

Lehigh offer. He also picked up St. Thomas, Robert Morris, and Cal Poly offers since this thread was last updated, so still not getting the bigger looks.

This somehow flew under my radar for over a month...Daugherty committed to Illinois State on September 12th. He never tweeted anything about it but did post on Instagram. Only found out when I saw VerbalCommits didn't have him on our 2024 open offers list.

Reactions: SFspidur
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT