ADVERTISEMENT

Ian Schieffelin - 2021

Meh. They had a good year two years ago when Brownell brought in a bunch of guys to save his job, and it worked. Then an NIT berth and last year barely .500.
fair enough. I'm sure Clemson fans looking at our recent history aren't impressed either.

Reactions: plydogg
giphy.gif

Reactions: urfan1
fair enough. I'm sure Clemson fans looking at our recent history aren't impressed either.
Never a more statement s-man. Tough to recruit when you have a 10 year track record that is largely crap. Thank god we got Mooney that extension though because that surely is what was holding him back from landing better recruiting classes. lol.

we were off to a strong start to this class but we've hit a wall. guess that means we're targeting the right guys. going to lose some when aiming high.
Sman - definitely right on the hitting the wall part. The target list is getting short. I was hoping the new practice facility and the great outlook for this year would help, but it looks like it is going to be what everyone feared. A quality 5 man class is too tall of an order for CM and staff.

Hope they can prove me wrong.

Reactions: spider23
Sman - definitely right on the hitting the wall part. The target list is getting short. I was hoping the new practice facility and the great outlook for this year would help, but it looks like it is going to be what everyone feared. A quality 5 man class is too tall of an order for CM and staff.

Hope they can prove me wrong.
They've already said they are likely to keep at least one scholarship open for the transfer world, so I think it is more appropriate to expect a 4 man class at most.

these videos are why the "prognosticators" have such a high success rate. takes a few days to produce the video for the announcement. news leaks out.

Gotta secure your top targets. This has been the history of Mooney recruiting, getting turned down by your top targets and then their back-ups and having to settle for options C and D. Hopefully, we are still in the game on some quality big men because she sure lost out on a couple good ones the past few weeks.

Reactions: spider23
They've already said they are likely to keep at least one scholarship open for the transfer world, so I think it is more appropriate to expect a 4 man class at most.
Well 4 man (my preference) or 5 man, point is we are dwindling on prospects. If we could get Noyes, or Lucas Taylor, or Saint Thomas - I would be OK with a 3 man class - with the caveat being that it means we are going after a big forward hard in the transfer market. From any online sources, it seems our list of big forwards has dwindled. Hopefully someone off the radar is going to pop up. I read a few other team's websites and there are big talented guys out there. Competition is always fierce, and Mooney is not the greatest closer in that scenario, but I am hoping we can come up with one in this class.

We can just wait until this time next year and snag a few high-level transfers who will become immediately eligible, since that's how the NCAA does things these days.

Reactions: plydogg
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT